• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    Purchase on HOLD

So after 7 days of waiting I finally receive a call to tell me that I can't pick up my new handgun on saturday. He tells me that the msp came back with a hold and to contact 410-653-4500 and to see why it is being put on hold. I called to see why but the number just sent me to an automated service. Does anyone have a number that I can actually speak to a real person? Thanks for the help and I'll keep you all updated so if anyone has a similar situation they know what to do.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's the number to Pikesville (licensing). I would call back during normal business hours (tomorrow around 9).

Could be a technicality, I've never heard of a hold.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    You will speak to someone at the number provided to you earlier. it is the licensing division and tell them your purchase was put on hold for a firearm.

You are buying a weapon not obtaining a permit. There is a huge difference in terminology!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Are you familiar with all the disqualifying factors? No juvie record if you're under 30, No mental health conditions (even minor ones like depression), No felonies, etc...

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    I don't know of anything in my past that would not allow me to purchase. That's why I'm so puzzled. I actually just got a new job and they ran an extensive background check with everything clear.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I don't know of anything in my past that would not allow me to purchase. That's why I'm so puzzled. I actually just got a new job and they ran an extensive background check with everything clear.

maybe somebody with the same name and you didnt add your ss#:shrug:

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I thought the application being put on hold had to do with unpaid tickets or child support. These are things that don't disqualify you, but will prevent getting the "not disapproved" response.

Dec 6, 2011
    This type of confusion is common when serving arrest warrants. Lots of people have the same name and date of birth. If you go to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and run your name, you may find the bad guy that closely matches your info.

For instance, I just ran R Lee and got 21 pages of hits at 25 entries per page. Common name. Lots of hits.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    if you go around the automated system, you get transfered to a guy in india who barely speaks english. oh wait, thats Apple, and United Airlines, and Sony, and Panasonic, and ......

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    if you go around the automated system, you get transfered to a guy in india who barely speaks english. oh wait, thats Apple, and United Airlines, and Sony, and Panasonic, and ......

Almost certainly coming to MD soon, based on MOM's trips to the subcontinent over the past couple of years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom