• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I agree.

The new HB852 required curriculum completely kills the usefulness of any NRA class for all or part of the MD W&C. If you became an NRA CCW instructor to give MD W&C, HB852 cost you the cost of that class and certification.

The NRA Basic Pistol book is a GREAT piece of media and I use it in my classes and give it away to W&C students (can't give it away in a $40 HQL, but I offer it to them at less than cost).

A big fat kiss and thank you to everyone who said a state mandated standardized curriculum would be a good idea; every instructor who was giving a good class is now giving a class that is much lower quality than before. Progressives are happy, everyone gets the same low quality sh!t, seems sort of like the way things were under communist eastern Europe.
    Note to those who say there should be a prerequist class prior to MD W&C, you are being gatekeepers - don't forget there are 42 states without even the HQL or W&C, DON"T PILE ON MORE CRAP.
    I do think a state wide minimum curriculum would be a good idea IF AND I MEAN IF it was created as a minimum by knowledgeable people. As I have said the thing we just got is not a curriculum, it’s a script and group of legal opinions.

TD

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I do think a state wide minimum curriculum would be a good idea IF AND I MEAN IF it was created as a minimum by knowledgeable people. As I have said the thing we just got is not a curriculum, it’s a script and group of legal opinions.

TD
    The good people of Utah trust me more than my fellow Marylanders.

Don't need no stinking class.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    The good people of Utah trust me more than my fellow Marylanders.

Don't need no stinking class.
    Utah has a fairly good curriculum. But yea, I understand.

I don’t believe in mandatory training, but I do believe in training. Responsible people would do it on their own.

TD

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Utah has a fairly good curriculum. But yea, I understand.

I don’t believe in mandatory training, but I do believe in training. Responsible people would do it on their own.

TD
    I'll put it this way, in all my adventures and endeavors, I made it a point to get proper training, so on that, I agree. But, I also believe it should be left to the individual to seek that training. It should not be compulsory, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom