• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choko

May 14, 2022
    Frederick
    Don't hesitate, ladies and gents. Got my approval for my PA permit and a link to schedule a time to go pick it up. They're booked out through the first week in January and filling up fast. I'd recommend scheduling for pickup as soon as you get the link.

Crazy

terps2005

Mar 22, 2013
    I picked mine up from York County 11/30. I believe the scheduling was about a week out when I made my appointment on 11/22....not sure if it's gotten pushed out further from then.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Wish I could apply while the md permit is pending. Not really in a rush since I have multiple state permits in the air, but PA seems to be the most efficient.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Yup, I booked mine a week + ago for the last week of the year. They're booked out about a month

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I picked mine up a week before Thanksgiving and it was only 4 days after I applied. Guess they are getting backed up.

This belongs in the PA permit thread as mentioned.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    York moves fast. They want you to do an appointment, but it's usually only a few days out from the approval. Do the satellite office; much quicker, plenty of free parking at the door, quick on and off of I-83.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    If I were approved at Adams and happened to be close to Gettysburg I would stop in. My wife and I went at unscheduled times and they welcomed us.

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    FYI,

As of Friday 12/9 @ 5pm, I can confirm York is still providing 2 day application approval, with pickup options at the Courthouse starting Tuesday 12/13, and at the Satellite office as soon as Thursday 12/15. Days between now and then are listed as full for each location.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    If I were approved at Adams and happened to be close to Gettysburg I would stop in. My wife and I went at unscheduled times and they welcomed us.
    I thought about doing this. I had an unexpected day off week before last. I called before I was going to head up and they said they would not be able to fit me in. I don’t know if it would have been different had I just showed up.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep with all the marylanders getting permits, might as well get 'next door' as well so penna is starting to get backed up. sure the holiday schedule is coming into play also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom