• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    I have a mid sized Pelican case that I would like to convert to carry 4-6 handguns. Preferably pocket slits where just the back straps are visible, as opposed to the entire profile of the gun being visible.
    Anyone done this as a do it yourself or know of an internet or local company that does this?
    TM

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    For example, I did this myself. I know you don't want them this way but you can easily do what you are talking about. I don't have time now but I have a walk through on how to build the cutter and where to buy the foam. I can send it to you tomorrow.

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    For example, I did this myself. I know you don't want them this way but you can easily do what you are talking about. I don't have time now but I have a walk through on how to build the cutter and where to buy the foam. I can send it to you tomorrow.

Nice. My next acquisition is going to be a matched pair of 1911s - possibly Caspian receivers that I build up myself - and now I find myself wanting to duplicate your case.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Can you post the instructions on here, I wouldnt mind trying this for myself.

Thanks,

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    This is what I used to get started. It's a How-To by Mark Fingar (the guy who does all of Larue's photography).

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=292695&page=1
    HOWEVER....

I use negative templates. In other words, he cuts out the template and uses the cut out. He then traces "around" the template. I cut out the template and toss the cut out. I then trace "within" the cutout. For me, it works better because it keeps you from straying outside of the lines. If you make a mistake, it's on the part you are cutting out so WGAF.

You can put it together however you want, it doesn't have to be like his (mine isn't). The electrical diagram is great. I've seen other builds where they mount the bar so that it is held in place with wingnuts and can be angled, instead of the straight up 90.

That allows you to do different kinds of angled cuts through your foam.

I get my foam HERE....

I suggest closed cell foam. Open cell foam can retain water and cause rust problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom