• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thresher03187

Sep 18, 2010
    Harford County
    I am pretty irritated I just wrote a really long review on this lower but I was automatically signed out somehow and when I pressed submit it said error so this one is going to be a little shorter... I will still say though that I have only got about 100 rounds through this lower so far and will keep an ongoing review as I put more through.

Visual Inspection...
    -About as hard as a metal lower
    -Resist scratching a little better
    -Has built in front take down detent and the safety detent under the pistol grip
    -Almost all parts are composite(other than the trigger spring and buffer tube/buffer tube parts)
    -No shelf for auto :(

Range review...
    -No failures
    -No warping of the lower
    -Trigger pull is very light which is awesome
    -Would recommend only composite magazines with this lower, magazine does not fall free without a quick side flick or if shake the gun down quickly. (I could easily file the inside of the lower to fix this though)
    -Comparable recoil to a metal lower (I use a ST-T2 buffer)
    -M4 stock is somewhat shakey when pulled all the way back.
    -Initially a tiny bit top heavy M4 with the PCF c15 lower but once I replaced the grip and hand guard to the Magpul MOE as well as used a Magpul magazine the balance was almost perfect.

Side Note:
    -The Spikes LE M4 upper is very accurate (groups under half an inch with my red/green dot sight
    -My Truglo sight has done very well on accuracy so far but being that its only $70 dollars I expect it will lose its zero soon. (Sight alignment is off a bit so I was forced to utilize the bottom of my front post as my impact point rather than the top. I will be replacing this sight eventually with a Bushnell red dot but for the money Im pleased.)

After Shooting...
    -The lower looks just as good as when I got it
    -No cracks or fracture points visible
    -The hammer is still completely smooth and looks brand new. (there is a ghost image of the shape of the firing pin rear though.)

All in all for $130 bucks for a completed lower Im very happy at this time. I dont expect any problems with heat or anything and since a lower is such a small stress area I see nothing going wrong any different than it would with a metal lower. I will keep you all updated as I get more rounds through.

PCFc-15lower.jpg

M4.jpg

M4magpulhandguard.jpg

M4AndPt101.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm interested in seeing how it holds up after being pushed hard, or maybe a 5k round review. Thanks for the report.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I want one when they start doing the hot pink ones, it'll be perfect for my barbie build...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom