In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MCP clown car.jpg
      MCP clown car.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 894
    Link or quote for those of us who don't facetwit .

Nic Kipke They’re gentleman. This is politically motivated and unacceptable- the MGA owes them much more than an apology.

Kathy Szeliga Bryan P. Sears - I am also following this story closely. This appears to be an unlawful arrest of these men. They have been peacefully protesting in that same location for more than three years - on the public sidewalk. I've never heard them be disrespectful. While Senator Miller might not like their signs - it's their 1st Amendment right

Michael Smigiel If protesting in the Mall you would need a permit. It appears these gentlemen were on the sidewalk area outside the mall. The police argue that you need to be moving on the public sidewalk, ostensibly so as not to block the sidewalk. There is plenty of space for the gentlemen to stand the way they were without interfering with anyone using the sidewalk, especially at this time of night. It would be interesting to note that just to their right about 10 yards away is a bus stop where people are expected to stop and stand for long periods of time on this sidewalk. Political Speech is the most highly protected form of free speech. There would need to be some real egregious interference with the public's ability to use the sidewalk in order to justify a lawful order by the police to move on. Every legislator believing in liberty should stand up for the right of these gentlemen to unobtrusively stand on public property, at the Statehouse, where legislators can see them, and to exercise their first amendment rights. Write letters to the speaker's office, ask your delegates and senators to stand in protest in the same spot and or to get involved in any way in which they are comfortable. This is an attack not only on the First Amendment but the Second as well. Stand together and demand that liberty is recognized in Annapolis. Good luck to everyone who is willing to stand against tyranny.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Nic Kipke They’re gentleman. This is politically motivated and unacceptable- the MGA owes them much more than an apology.

Kathy Szeliga Bryan P. Sears - I am also following this story closely. This appears to be an unlawful arrest of these men. They have been peacefully protesting in that same location for more than three years - on the public sidewalk. I've never heard them be disrespectful. While Senator Miller might not like their signs - it's their 1st Amendment right

Michael Smigiel If protesting in the Mall you would need a permit. It appears these gentlemen were on the sidewalk area outside the mall. The police argue that you need to be moving on the public sidewalk, ostensibly so as not to block the sidewalk. There is plenty of space for the gentlemen to stand the way they were without interfering with anyone using the sidewalk, especially at this time of night. It would be interesting to note that just to their right about 10 yards away is a bus stop where people are expected to stop and stand for long periods of time on this sidewalk. Political Speech is the most highly protected form of free speech. There would need to be some real egregious interference with the public's ability to use the sidewalk in order to justify a lawful order by the police to move on. Every legislator believing in liberty should stand up for the right of these gentlemen to unobtrusively stand on public property, at the Statehouse, where legislators can see them, and to exercise their first amendment rights. Write letters to the speaker's office, ask your delegates and senators to stand in protest in the same spot and or to get involved in any way in which they are comfortable. This is an attack not only on the First Amendment but the Second as well. Stand together and demand that liberty is recognized in Annapolis. Good luck to everyone who is willing to stand against tyranny.
    Nice... In the end, words mean little.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Cross posted in questions thread...

My first question is..."Who has the balls to call for the arrest of Patriot Picketers after years of allowing their demonstrations?"

My second question is..."Do those same folk really have a set...will they publicly own up to their egregious and grossly overreaching transgression?" (Bonus round Q----->Or were their balls limited to BBs instead of big old brass ones the size of basketballs?)

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Folks why do I feel that this is political retribution for our attending the meet and greet with Senator Victor Ramirez on Saturday at the Panera Bread in Bowie? They sure do want to silence us and our voice! This looks like it was done to make an example out of people who try to speak out against what they are doing here in Maryland.

‘They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’ Benjamin Franklin.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Folks why do I feel that this is political retribution for our attending the meet and greet with Senator Victor Ramirez on Saturday at the Panera Bread in Bowie? They sure do want to silence us and our voice! This looks like it was done to make an example out of people who try to speak out against what they are doing here in Maryland.

‘They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’ Benjamin Franklin.

Because it was. There were no less than 6 cop cars already there when we showed up to Rameriz's event.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks everyone for your support!

We have some mesmerizing video that hasn’t been seen yet—video that is now in the hands of Patriot Picket Video Director EL1227 as of 4am this morning. It is the coverage from Deep Lurker’s camera.

In the meantime, let me show you the Profiles in Courage from our crew that continued AFTER we were already in handcuffs.

Remember, the charge that started all this was the announcement from arresting Sgt. that we were “creating a demonstration on the public sidewalk”.

So what do we see below? In the first picture that is Adolph Oliver Bush continuing to picket right in the spot we were arrested— daring the MCP to cuff him up.

Picture 2 is Not_an_Outlaw continuing to picket just steps away from us, daring the MCP to cuff him up.

Picture 3 shows Bob A and Hillbilly Grandpa continuing the picket, to show we would not be cowed. HG did this despite the fact that shoulder surgery meant he would be badly injured by having his arms yanked by his back being cuffed.

Picture 4 shows ZenMonkey, who was assigned to keep a second camera rolling NO MATTER WHAT, being hounded by MCP Sgt when he moved right back on the sidewalk to get a better position to document our predicament.

In short, your entire PP crew REFUSED to abandon their posts on this civil rights action—despite the threat of arrest.

Please thank them when you see them!

Attachments

• 684066EA-AAB3-48DB-BDE8-2C2637B29538.jpg
      684066EA-AAB3-48DB-BDE8-2C2637B29538.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 890
    • 42A70C51-C576-4FC8-B1F6-25E9370AB287.jpg
      42A70C51-C576-4FC8-B1F6-25E9370AB287.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 903
    • B4B93E79-ACC1-49AE-B12A-2AE42F3E63B3.jpg
      B4B93E79-ACC1-49AE-B12A-2AE42F3E63B3.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 915
    • 74EA204C-B41B-4CA2-ACAC-1B6F64CF7653.jpg
      74EA204C-B41B-4CA2-ACAC-1B6F64CF7653.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 944

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

And a quote in the article from Mike Miller:

As one of the arrested men was being placed in a police car, he told Maryland Matters, “Suddenly there’s been a political change. I suspect that somebody in the corner office in the Senate office building doesn’t like the messages on our signs,” an apparent reference to Sen. Thomas V. Mike Miller (D-Calvert), the chamber’s presiding officer.

Miller denied any knowledge of or involvement in the arrests, telling reporters, “I don’t know a thing about it, honestly and truly.”

“I walk by their signs, I talk to them. They like me,” Miller said. “They know I’m a gun owner. We relate well together.”

One of the signs being carried on Monday night read, “Dems deny your right to self defense.” Another said: “Md. murders: Gangs – 1000s, Bump Stock – 0.”

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Thanks everyone for your support!

We have some mesmerizing video that hasn’t been seen yet—video that is now in the hands of Patriot Picket Video Director EL1227 as of 4am this morning. It is the coverage from Deep Lurker’s camera.

In the meantime, let me show you the Profiles in Courage from our crew that continued AFTER we were already in handcuffs.

Remember, the charge that started all this—said the was arresting Sgt. was “creating a demonstration on the public sidewalk” .

So what do we see below? In the first picture that Adolph Oliver Bush continuing to picket right in the spot we were arrested— daring the MCP to cuff him up.

Picture 2 is Not_an_Outlaw continuing to picket just steps away from us, daring the MCP to cuff him up.

Picture 3 shows Bob A and Hillbilly Grandpa continuing the picket, to show we would not be cowed. HG did this despite the fact that shoulder surgery meant he would be badly injured by having his arms yanked by his back being cuffed.

Picture 4 shows ZenMonkey, who was assigned to keep a second camera rolling NO MATTER WHAT, being hounded by MCP Sgt when he moved right back on the sidewalk to get a better position to document our predicament.

In short, your entire PP crew REFUSED to abandon this civil rights action—despite the threat of arrest.

Please thank them when you see them!

attachment.php

27751866_10204102583042769_2137926456392560007_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey