Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thinking all the cameras should close the deal

Wilson has flipped 180 degrees in a week could it be he was in a no win situation and decided to give them enough rope to hang them selves with??

Could be.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Bring her. We can add an extra protester half way through. I can deliver the kid. It’s like riding a bike....you never forget. I’m sure your wife would be perfectly fine with delivering in Lawyer’s Mall.

This forum REALLY needs like buttons! :lol:

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Can we get someone to update the first post with the updated info and the links to the videos and audio from the interviews. Might be useful to have the meeting location and parking info handy in one spot for next Monday.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    http://www.wbal.com/podcasts/channel/c4-podcast

Go here and click on the podcast for today's show and start at the 1:10:00 mark.

Wow, that was great from about 1:10:00 starting with Bryan Sears and finishing around 1:44:00 with Jeff (suggesting the sign, "More Patriots than handcuffs."). There was a 5 minute or so interlude on the FBI, but after this bit came the interview with Jeff.

Someone should put this interview link (with the suggestion to start listening at 1:10:00) on the Capital Police FB page in the comments.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wilson has flipped 180 degrees in a week could it be he was in a no win situation and decided to give them enough rope to hang them selves with??

He wants no part of it. As Fabs mentioned in this thread or another, his comment that they wanted the States Attorney to take the lead on it (and would be happy with whatever the SA decided) suggests he knows they've put themselves into a pickle.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    And Where THE F is Hogan in all this?

Stroking his delusional "I need to get re-elected" dick.

We should all break out in song. 200+ of us singing “my horse is amazing” would be.....amazing.

If it wasn't 700+ miles away I'd be there just for that!

She's at 39 weeks, SHE JUST WANTS HIM OUT!!! Would send an awesome message, but I don't want my son born in Annapolis, might make him stupid/liberal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hey now! I was born at the naval hospital there and I'm not even close to liberal.....slightly right of Ted Nugent maybe.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do you think a lawyer should advise us as to the procedures to follow if this thing goes sideways on Monday. I've always been inclined to not speak to the officer once you are detained. I printed out a document I received years ago and gave it to my kids when they were old enough to get into trouble. Luckily it was never needed. It's 2 pages long but if the mods don't mind I'll post it here. If it's deemed not needed, please delete it.

JUST SAY NO

What if you've just been arrested for something which shouldn't be a crime? For instance, if a burglar breaks into your home, attacks your children and you shoot him. Should you talk to the police? In a word, "No". Shut up, call the best lawyer you can find, and then continue to shut up. If you talk to the police, you will only make things worse for yourself.

Sociologist Richard Leo has written several articles which detail the deliberately deceptive techniques which police use to extract a confession.

First of all, since 1966 the Unites States Supreme Court has required that all persons under arrest be given the Miranda warnings, so that they will know that they have a right to remain silent, and the right to a lawyer. So how do police convince a suspect to talk, even after the Miranda warning?

Professor Leo explains that "police routinely deliver Miranda warnings in a perfunctory tone of voice and ritualistic behavioral manner, effectively conveying that these warnings are little more than a bureaucratic triviality." Of course, the Miranda warnings are not trivial; your liberty may hinge on heeding those warnings.

No matter how strong the other evidence against you, a confession will make things much worse. A confession often makes the major difference in the district attorney's willingness to prosecute the case, and his willingness to accept a plea bargain. If your confession gets before a jury, your prospects of acquittal are virtually nil.

If you are foolish enough to reject the Miranda warnings, simply put, the police interrogators will attempt to deceive you into confessing. As a result of increased judicial supervision of the police, deception, rather than coercion ("the third degree") has become the norm for interrogation.

First of all, you will be kept in a physical environment designed to make you want to waive your rights and talk. You will most likely be kept in isolation, in a small, soundproof area. By isolating you, the interrogator attempts to instill feelings of anxiety, restlessness and self-doubt on your part. Left alone for long periods, you may think you are being ignored, and will therefore be happy to see the interrogator return.

Ideally, from the interrogator's viewpoint, you will begin to develop the "Stockholm syndrome," in which persons held captive under total control begin to identify and empathize with their captors. This can occur after as few as ten minutes of isolation in captivity.

While increasing your dependence, the interrogator works to build your trust by pretending that he cares about you, that he wants to hear your story, and that he understands how difficult it may be for you to talk. The interrogator works to become your only source of social reinforcement.

There is no law against outright lies or other deceptions on the part of police during an interrogation. Almost certainly, you will be told that the prosecutor and the judge will be more lenient if you confess. This is a complete lie. The district attorney will be more lenient if you don't confess and he can't make a strong case against you, and therefore has to settle for a plea bargain. Nothing the police promise in the interrogation room is binding on the police, much less on the district attorney.

There are five "techniques of neutralization" which the interrogator may use in order to make you feel that the crime really wasn't so bad, and that it is therefore all right for you to confess. Of course the interrogator's pretense that he doesn't think the crime was serious will last only as long as necessary to obtain the confession.

The first technique is called "denial of responsibility," allowing the subject to blame someone else for the offense. For example, "it was really the burglar's fault for breaking in; he's the one to blame for getting shot." (That's true, but it's you, after all, that the police are interrogating.)

Another technique is "denial of injury." For example, "The burglar wasn't really hurt; he walked out of the hospital two hours ago." Maybe true, maybe not. In truth, the burglar could be in intensive care and the interrogator could be laying the groundwork for a murder case against you.

In the "denial of the victim" technique, the interrogator will suggest that the victim deserved what he got.

"Condemnation of the condemners" is always popular. For instance, "the real problem is all those anti-gun nuts, who let criminals run loose, but don't want guys like you to defend themselves." True enough, but when the policeman saying this is holding you prisoner, take his sincere expression with a large grain of salt.

Finally, there's the "appeal to higher loyalties" such as "What you did is a common sense thing. Regardless of some legal technicality, the most important thing is for you to protect your family. Your family
    comes first, right?" True again, but the man saying this wants you to confess to violating the legal technicality, so you can be prosecuted for it.

A close cousin to the denial strategies are the "normalizing" techniques, in which the interrogator claims to understand that the crime was not typical behavior for the subject; "I can see that you're not a violent person. You're not a criminal. You're a tax-paying, home owning, regular kind of guy. What happened tonight was really unusual for you, wasn't it?"

You have nothing to gain, and everything to lose by talking. You are not going to outsmart the interrogator. Even if you don't end up producing a full confession, you may reveal details which will help build a case against you.

Most violent criminals are too stupid to read, and too lazy to pursue a time-consuming, high-precision hobby like handloading. So I'm not worried that a violent criminal will read this column, and avoid confessing to a serious crime. Too often in America, good citizens are arrested for victimless "crimes," including unjustifiable (and unconstitutional) gun regulations. The routine use of deception in order to trick good citizens into confessions is something that deserves more scrutiny than it has thus far received.

In the long run, routine deception by the police tears at our social fabric, and undermines the law enforcement system. The more police lie, the more skeptical juries are going to be, even when police are telling the truth.

Moreover, there are about 6,000 false confessions for felonies every year in the United States. (Huff et al., "Guilty Until Proven Innocent," Crime & Delinquency, vol. 32, pages 518-44, 1986). False confessions are one of the major reasons for the conviction of innocent persons.

Sources: Richard Leo, "Police Interrogation and Social Control," Social and Legal Studies, vol. 3, pages 93-120 (1994); "From Coercion to Deception: The Changing Nature of Police Interrogation in America," Law and Social Change, vol. 18, pages 35-39 (1992); Jerome Skolnick and Richard Leo, "The Ethics of Deceptive Interrogation," Criminal Justice Ethics, vol. 11, pages 3-12 (1992).

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Don't worry, I'm running and under/over on the side for who gets cuffs first. Karma now suggests the good Doc is high on the list.
    Are you kidding, my wife can be pretty vocal, add pregnancy to that and then infringe on her rights and lord help us. She might walk in the capital building and slap the stupid out of miller/Busch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom