• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Sorry to hear about this. Problem with getting a dog is if the people entering your house are in that much fear, they might possibly harm your beloved family member. Could've happened to my uncle. They just stuck his dog in the crate though

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

coindad

Aug 7, 2011
    get an alarm the noise from the alarm when it goes off will scare anyone away and bring attention to your home. cheaper than a dog and less responsibility

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Get a dog!! Someone will dogsit for you. Not a toy poodle or a chinese crested either. Belgian Shepherd Malinois oughta do the trick.

Dalmatians are awesome watch dogs. Even when YOU come home, they bark like they're going to rip your limbs off. I had a pair a long time ago. When religious people would come calling, they'd put their foot against the storm door so I wouldn't open it and let out a pair of Kujo's. Only the UPS man knew it was better if he came in the foyer while I signed for packages.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I wonder if the cop asked if there were any weapons in the car?

I keed I keed!!!!

I'm glad to hear that at least some of your stuff was found and that the guys were caught! Hope insurance covers your loses so you can buy nice new toys!!!

Danketch71

Mar 28, 2009
    THe city that bleeds
    Dang man, this was your "Newsed" one from Freestate? You can shoot mine sometime if you want if that makes you feel better. Awful feeling, we had that happen to our neighbors and my ex's car in Immorell Park when I lived over there with the ex a few years ago.

I was actually thinking about moving up that way - Carney/Parkville area from Middle River. I guess thats not far enough from the bus lines/city trash or hasnt been for awhile at least.

Have to go past Bel Air since the trash is in Edgewood now, and the cancer will only spread further out. Maybe PA (except Delta) will be good for the next 10 yrs or so.

MDisacrapstatethatIonlyliveinbecausemyjobspaysprettygoodcomparedtootherstates.com

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Yep. Harford road is the new Liberty road.

There was a robbery near Villa Cresta Elementary yesterday afternoon. They swarmed the neighborhood and caught the guy. Then last night near Parkville Middle two guys attacked a girl walking her dog. Police swarmed the area again, but they got away.

Unfortunately the OP's Ruger is probably now some wannabe gangster pimp's trophy. If it's found, be sure to sterilize the snot out of it. We all know where these fools like to carry their guns.

EDIT: This was my post #1776 :patriot: Yay me.

Danketch71

Mar 28, 2009
    THe city that bleeds
    A good place to check local crime goings on is patch.com. For me its essex patch. They have local news and police goings on for pretty much all areas of Bmore.

I sometimes go to the Horror Freight up that way and am shocked by the change that has taken place since my Gparents lived off of Summit Ave 20+years ago! I shouldnt be I guess, since that is how all of Bmore is/becoming but I have only lived in the Bmore area for 8 years or so. I guess I was spoiled growing up in the country.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Dang man, this was your "Newsed" one from Freestate? You can shoot mine sometime if you want if that makes you feel better. Awful feeling, we had that happen to our neighbors and my ex's car in Immorell Park when I lived over there with the ex a few years ago.

I was actually thinking about moving up that way - Carney/Parkville area from Middle River. I guess thats not far enough from the bus lines/city trash or hasnt been for awhile at least.

Have to go past Bel Air since the trash is in Edgewood now, and the cancer will only spread further out. Maybe PA (except Delta) will be good for the next 10 yrs or so.

MDisacrapstatethatIonlyliveinbecausemyjobspaysprettygoodcomparedtootherstates.com

*sigh*. It was...thanks for the offer but it would probably make me miss Princess that much more.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Unfortunately the OP's Ruger is probably now some wannabe gangster pimp's trophy. If it's found, be sure to sterilize the snot out of it. We all know where these fools like to carry their guns.

EDIT: This was my post #1776 :patriot: Yay me.

Aaarrrgh...just the thought of her dangling there next to some thugs trouser schnauzer....blah..

And happy anniversary!

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    A good place to check local crime goings on is patch.com. For me its essex patch. They have local news and police goings on for pretty much all areas of Bmore.

I sometimes go to the Horror Freight up that way and am shocked by the change that has taken place since my Gparents lived off of Summit Ave 20+years ago! I shouldnt be I guess, since that is how all of Bmore is/becoming but I have only lived in the Bmore area for 8 years or so. I guess I was spoiled growing up in the country.

I'm not 100% sure but I have an idea these two were the ones:

http://parkville.patch.com/articles/two-arrested-after-burglary-in-seven-courts-area

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

Also if you're on Facebook, follow Baltimore County Breaking News. It's a page that posts a constant feed of fire and police activity in the county. I know AACO has a similar page.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    When a stolen gun is involved they should just keep them in jail indefinaetely till they give it up. Hope you get it back.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    I hope they find your gun. But as a reminder, a friend of mine was hit about 6 years ago for almost a dozen guns. He had a gun cabinet like you described and the thief cut it open with my friends own circular saw. Just cut a big X in the door and peeled it back. Couldn't get some of the longs out but took the hanguns. Anyway, The Mont. County PD has recovered 4 of them but none have been returned. 2 were used in serious crimes, 2 just picked up. Never contacted my friend! He only found out by regularly calling the police to check.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Just a little update from today:

The two in the article I posted above were the ones that hit my house and they are now back in jail with $100,000 bails as a result of the search warrants that were issued for their homes. The girl has been making calls looking for someone to post bail and it appears she's getting a lot of hang-ups.

While we did get a few items back today (7...) but there is still a lot missing. Unfortunately the Ruger is in the still missing group.

The detective told us they found text messages on their phones relating to selling the gun and one of the TV's. He hopes that they will be able to track it down but didn't say that with much confidence. He also said neither are being very cooperative and are denying any involvement. I'm pretty sure he also said they have been linked to robberies in other areas as well, not just Parkville.

Years ago a friend of mine had his whole safe stolen because it wasn't bolted down. They busted the window and carried it out. He had the same problem with recovery and lack of communication so I was prepared for that. I called the detective today and asked if they found anything after serving the warrants. I don't know if he was planning to call me soon or not but I don't plan on waiting for them.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry for your loss.

We have had burglaries and home invasions here in our area of Montgomery County for several years now. I have read several families had alarms that went off after the thieves broke down a window or patio door and snatched and grabbed jewelry boxes and other easy to take items before the police could arrive.

I have several safes in my home but know if thieves have enough time they will get into just about anything. Parkville does not sound like the kind of place to not have an alarm, a dog, and other measures.

At least no one in your family was hurt.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Just a little update from today:

The two in the article I posted above were the ones that hit my house and they are now back in jail with $100,000 bails as a result of the search warrants that were issued for their homes. The girl has been making calls looking for someone to post bail and it appears she's getting a lot of hang-ups.

While we did get a few items back today (7...) but there is still a lot missing. Unfortunately the Ruger is in the still missing group.

The detective told us they found text messages on their phones relating to selling the gun and one of the TV's. He hopes that they will be able to track it down but didn't say that with much confidence. He also said neither are being very cooperative and are denying any involvement. I'm pretty sure he also said they have been linked to robberies in other areas as well, not just Parkville.

Years ago a friend of mine had his whole safe stolen because it wasn't bolted down. They busted the window and carried it out. He had the same problem with recovery and lack of communication so I was prepared for that. I called the detective today and asked if they found anything after serving the warrants. I don't know if he was planning to call me soon or not but I don't plan on waiting for them.
    Stolen firearms, why not get the ATF involved? Maybe the threat of federal charges would get them talking?, or is that not how things work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom