• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    2SAM22 said:
    What you see in your local paper is but a very small fraction of the crime in your area. Thurmont, Annapolis, Oakland, Hagerstown, Waldorf, Salisbury, doesn't matter.

Baltimore has a pretty good system on the BPD site to pull crime stats by zip code. I've used data from there several times to justify additional security needs at store locations I supervise. For AA County I read the Breaking News and Events page on FB to keep updated. AACOPD has their own FB, but only report major crimes there.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Tonight I was walking past our fine newspaper office, and saw a friend of mine working in there, I asked her if she had an answer to my question about the lack of meaningful reporting, she said all the crime info comes from Frederick and not Brunswick, then she gave me a free paper and changed the subject.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Have you seen the;

Peacemaker...Lots of Colts Ad ?

Or the MMTA Firearms Training Acadamy Ad ?

FNP is what it is......but it is The Frederick News Post from My hometown Maryland.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What you see in your local paper is but a very small fraction of the crime in your area. Thurmont, Annapolis, Oakland, Hagerstown, Waldorf, Salisbury, doesn't matter.

This. I've seen where local papers and news stations don't bother reporting a multi-hour SWAT standoff with roadblocks for multiple blocks and dozens of residents evacuated where the perp fires multiple shots at SWAT through the house's outside walls.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The family that used to own it (Delauter's IIRC), were a Frederick Old Line family. Whole they owned the paper it was a local paper that showed an accurate representation of that political leanings of most of Frederick County. When the family sold the paper to some company, it became a leftist, liberal rag. The proof is on the editorials and the stories that they "write".

I have a buddy that works at The Gazette in downtown, and I actually feel sorry for him because he is part of the company that is using print media to turn Frederick County into northern MoCo.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    My family canceled our subscriptions to the FNP years ago.

(Greetings from Walnut St!)

No he's talking about the Brunswick Citizen.

All the OP has mentioned is news to me and our 82 year old neighbor and she's really plugged into the local rumor mill.

Very Interesting...

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Brunswick is like Thurmont oh they are in Frederick county?!? :sarcasm:

Exactly like Thurmont in so many ways.

We are the LAST TWO suburban fire tax districts in Frederick County.

Jefferson went urban (last year? two years ago?).

Yet the shared response area between us is mostly answered by Brunswick.

How interesting ... :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom