• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    No, it's not. BHO won twice in a row, with zero new federal significant restrictions on firearms or ammo that were driven purely by party politics. The only real hit we've taken is the import ban on Saigas due to the Ukranian and Syrian situations, but we probably would have had the same problem with a GOP president. (It's also small potatoes compared to the Chinese import ban that our buddy GWB never bothered to lift.)

For some reason, I don't think Putin would have pulled half the stuff he's done if a Republican was in office. But that's just me :rolleyes:

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    No, it's not. BHO won twice in a row, with zero new federal significant restrictions on firearms or ammo that were driven purely by party politics. The only real hit we've taken is the import ban on Saigas due to the Ukranian and Syrian situations, but we probably would have had the same problem with a GOP president. (It's also small potatoes compared to the Chinese import ban that our buddy GWB never bothered to lift.)

The only way you'll see new restrictions at the federal level is if the GOP simultaneously loses the House, Senate, and White House. That is extremely unlikely in 2016, to say the least.

This is not to discount a panic because of illiterate, uneducated, idiot gun owners panicking because the industry and their dealers made up some BS about an imaginary "upcoming ban"[1], but it's not going to be derived from any realistic action.

[1] We should boycott people who pull these stunts. Seriously.

Extremely unlikely? You know anybody who like this congress? If HRC/MO get the white house why couldn't we get a replay of '08?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Can you name me ANYONE reputable who thinks the House, Senate, and White House are all going to flip Democratic?

And, notably, nothing really happened in '08, either. So probably not the best example.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I just watched an excellent documentary on Prohibition (free with Prime). It's worth a look if you have any interest in 2A. Might surprise you how much things stay the same.

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    .22 is still a mystery to me.
    It comes back some but never all the way back.
    Because all the local Walmarts are haunted by old retire-ees every morning that don't have real jobs to get to and can afford to wait at the doors all morning. ;(

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Because all the local Walmarts are haunted by old retire-ees every morning that don't have real jobs to get to and can afford to wait at the doors all morning. ;(

yep, that's me. NO 22 in Rt 85 Walmart. But plenty of 9 and 45.
    45 acp WWB 50 rds was $34.00 last week.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County

The retirees have to do something to offset all these years of low interest rates. They aren't making any money in the safe investment vehicles.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    "You might be a dummy if.... you panic buy something from someone who stands to profit from panic buying and who just told you that you need to buy before the panic buying starts."

This times infinity.

That thread (M4C, for those wondering) seems like a pretty weak attempt at trying to boost their own sales numbers.

IMO, there is no current "panic buying".

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    That will follow the primaries...

Perhaps. Dealers may have stocked up, but consumers arent panicing on the national level. At this point everything is all talk.

If anything, dealers have been too lean the last 12-24mo and are stocking up to a normal level of inventory prepping for next November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom