• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I had less interest than most here in the AR platform myself at one time. Still isn't what I shoot most often. But it grew on me. Might you as well. If not, sell it. You'll find no lack of buyers in these present times. With a good basic rifle, no lack of buyers at any time.

There's an extremely knowledgable AR gunsmith on this board who just bought his son a Colt HBAR. A smith largely restricted in his trade to being dedicated to the AR, so he's been around the block a few times with the platform in its various forms. There's a message to be had in his choice of gifts I'd guess, if that's your concern.

You won't go wrong with a Colt Hbar. You already have a good shop dialed in as you won't go wrong with 2A Sales either.

Good luck with whatever you decide on!

All hail Lord Chad :thumbsup:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just hope the panic buying stays away from SKS and 7.62x39. I swore to my wife I'd buy no more firearms this year and that is next on my purchase list. I know 10 years too late to the game, but I am still hoping it is better late than never. Though if there seems to be any realistic action that might see their price skyrocket or not allow me to buy one, I'll break that promise in a heart beat.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm panic adding bulk ammo to my shopping cart, but have yet to make a purchase. In all honesty, I've got plenty to see me through for a while, but not if the "panic" runs right into whatever's next.

The question is whether it could get worse than the bans that started near the end of Bush senior and during Bill Clinton eras, and last as long.

If Hillary Clinton wins the general and has coattails/pantsuit appeal, we could be in a precarious situation ... which will get longterm worse if the complexion of the SC changes.

At least we had the practice lesson of SB281 to stock up in MD.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Panic bought some Ar's because that's what seems to be what is most likely banned if something happens. They can background check all they want from me if I decide to get ammo, albeit that gonna be a shit ton of Background checks.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Have I been feeling a false sense of security with Hogan in (and popular enough to earn 2nd term)?

The general assembly can override a veto with 3/5ths vote, which they hold, right?

Was just pondering my acquisition plans....

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Listening to the news I heard, "ar15 style type assault weapon". What type of firearms fit that category? Apparently the MCX. I missed out on certain guns I liked back in 2013. I wont make that same mistake again. Before any proposes are made, I will most likely buy non ar carbines/rifles Ive been thinking about for sometime now.

SW6906user

Listening to the news I heard, "ar15 style type assault weapon". What type of firearms fit that category? Apparently the MCX. I missed out on certain guns I liked back in 2013. I wont make that same mistake again. Before any proposes are made, I will most likely buy non ar carbines/rifles Ive been thinking about for sometime now.

Same here, I missed out on my Springfield Scout Squad. I won't miss out on anything else.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Haha just bought 4k 223 bullets, 1k 308 and some 6mm....debating getting another 2 lowers tomorrow.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    No doubt it started. PSA is getting cleaned out and a lot of stuff is no longer on sale. I found the Armory managed to get M2 canned Wolf Gold ammo back in stock, but $315 instead of $290 from before the panic. My ammo order from Expansion Industries is taking longer because they are probably being flooded with orders. Means my present to my friend will probably not make it Friday. Wolf projectiles used in Wolf Gold got cleaned out from the Ammunition Store. They were only $.07 a bullet at a bulk order of 4000. So far that is what I can say for what I have seen in the panic buying. I may give an inquiry call to Engage Armament to see how much stuff is left at least with their stripped lowers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Haha just bought 4k 223 bullets, 1k 308 and some 6mm....debating getting another 2 lowers tomorrow.

Jesus Christ! I wish I had that much spare change to throw around! Question I had, in MD, are restricted weapons subject to a waiting period and are lowers consider restricted...because it is the lower that is ATF regulated, right?

Sorry, I know a fair amount about "ARs", but very little about the laws surrounding them since I've never had a huge interest in buying one, but I won't lie, if it really looks like an outright ban might come, I just might look in to getting a lower and tucking it away for a rainy day.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm not panic buying. The current gun control bills being debated are all based on denying due process via the terrorist watch list. The FBI isn't about to publish their super secret list. Pair that with the FBI requiring gun purchase denial to never acknowledge denial is based on being on the terrorist watch list and these bills are going nowhere.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I'm panic adding bulk ammo to my shopping cart, but have yet to make a purchase. In all honesty, I've got plenty to see me through for a while, but not if the "panic" runs right into whatever's next.

Never enough. The ammo I was going to get last weekend is already sold out; no sub $0.50/rd .308 for me. :sad20:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I picked up some rare and hard to find mags for 1 gun and a few more ar mags so far. Maybe a bit more ammo soon ??

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Jesus Christ! I wish I had that much spare change to throw around! Question I had, in MD, are restricted weapons subject to a waiting period and are lowers consider restricted...because it is the lower that is ATF regulated, right?

Sorry, I know a fair amount about "ARs", but very little about the laws surrounding them since I've never had a huge interest in buying one, but I won't lie, if it really looks like an outright ban might come, I just might look in to getting a lower and tucking it away for a rainy day.

AR lowers are state regulated. They require 77R and a 7 day wait.

You should buy one. That's very cheap insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom