• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Hmm, I wonder if their managers will try and push this rule on LEOs like some other places have. I can tell you one of the Panera's by me almost always has guns in it at lunch time as it's popular with police officers.

runswscissors

Jul 11, 2008
    Harford County
    If you were cooperate PR and have seen how this has already played out what would you do? I can tell you I'd do something very similar. Anyone in supervisor position in a large company realizes your priority needs to be the company not your personal goals.

So you are the PR guy and you put it out guns are allowed. Next thing you know you get these wing nuts walking in the store with AK's and AR's to prove a point. Then you have more backlash when you say you don't want OC in your business (and you WILL take that stance once these fools show up).

So you take the stance of requesting guns be left at home and state you will follow the laws of the state.

About as middle ground as you can be....but of course anyone not saying "Yes bring in your AR's, AK's, and hunting rifles to eat a salad" is "anti 2a".

Probably 60% of the gun community, if not more, are really out of touch and take things to the extreme far more then warranted. I think I picked the low side of the community honestly.

Can't say it any better than this. They got in front of the story after seeing Starbucks (et al) go through it.

CCW is fine, OC neckbeards can stay home. Good on Panera. I'll still only go when my wife wants a fancy salad and a coffee milkshake.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't see what the big deal is. It wont effect people that conceal carry.

They cant just come out and say BRING YOUR GUNS WHEN YOU COME HERE because that wouldn't go over well with the majority of their customers

That's true - I think they're solidly middle ground. And hoping for some free and easy PR too, if either side or the MSM picks it up.

I saw it on HuffPo this morning, They seemed a bit confused as to how to spin it. They seem to think the antis won, but don't remember complaining about evil gunz in the first place.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you were cooperate PR and have seen how this has already played out what would you do? I can tell you I'd do something very similar. Anyone in supervisor position in a large company realizes your priority needs to be the company not your personal goals.

So you are the PR guy and you put it out guns are allowed. Next thing you know you get these wing nuts walking in the store with AK's and AR's to prove a point. Then you have more backlash when you say you don't want OC in your business (and you WILL take that stance once these fools show up).

So you take the stance of requesting guns be left at home and state you will follow the laws of the state.

About as middle ground as you can be....but of course anyone not saying "Yes bring in your AR's, AK's, and hunting rifles to eat a salad" is "anti 2a".

Probably 60% of the gun community, if not more, are really out of touch and take things to the extreme far more then warranted. I think I picked the low side of the community honestly.

Incorrect. If I was the PR guy I would do my job and promote my business. If I was the CEO, however, I would inform the stores that they will follow state and local law. In states where OC is legal the store managers would be advised to ask groups/individuals that were OC'ing long guns to please leave the store or be prosecuted for trespass.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Incorrect. If I was the PR guy I would do my job and promote my business. If I was the CEO, however, I would inform the stores that they will follow state and local law. In states where OC is legal the store managers would be advised to ask groups/individuals that were OC'ing long guns to please leave the store or be prosecuted for trespass.

You have formal education, experience, or training in PR?

PR is not restricted to promoting and advertising.

Do you run a multi million dollar corporation? Have any formal business training? Have to answer to a board of directors? Have you had to run this by a team of lawyers?

I can certainly understand if you are passionate about something, in this case it being 2A, to say "I'd do this and that". That's okay and a noble idea. But until you are in the situation it's little more then antics and chest bumping from you.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Stupid of them to exclude customers.

Other than that....no big deal to me.

I live in MD, not America, can't carry here anyhow.

Besides, I can buy a real meal for less than they charge for 1/2 a skimpy sammich and thimble of soup.

Last edited:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I don't see what the big deal is. It wont effect people that conceal carry.

They cant just come out and say BRING YOUR GUNS WHEN YOU COME HERE because that wouldn't go over well with the majority of their customers

true and true.

for anyone here of any race, if you want to feel what it is like being "discriminated" against, in the event that you have never been profiled or prejudged, being a gun enthusiast or pro 2A supporter will put you in a class just as racism does. hope that makes sense.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    The Mrs loves the place, loves their soups, and I can always manage to find something to eat. In 6 years of open carry and visiting Panera, and no one so much as batting an eye, I see no reason to change.

As usual with Moms Demand Hot Steamy Action, much ado about nothing.

Any of you poor Md BGOS guys are free to meet up with us in York and judge this "neckbeard" for yourself. ;)

Fair warning though, freedom gives you cooties. :innocent0

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You have formal education, No experience, Yes or training in PR?

PR is not restricted to promoting and advertising. Agree

Do you run a multi million dollar corporation? Not quite but working on it Have any formal business training? Formal as in advanced degree? No. Have to answer to a board of directors? No, my business is all my sandbox. Have you had to run this by a team of lawyers? Why? To advise store managers to follow the law? The last thing I'm going to do is pay a bunch of billable hours just to have them tell me to follow the law.

I can certainly understand if you are passionate about something, in this case it being 2A, to say "I'd do this and that". That's okay and a noble idea. But until you are in the situation it's little more then antics and chest bumping from you.

I know what you are getting at, but oftentimes the easiest, lawful approach is the best. As a corporate policy they can state that Panera follows state and local laws. If customers are unhappy with state and local law then there is a "box" for that.....

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm still eating my turkey bacon bravo and my bread bowl soups why because they are delicious.

I love guns but there is more to my life then guns.......like bacon

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I know what you are getting at, but oftentimes the easiest, lawful approach is the best. As a corporate policy they can state that Panera follows state and local laws. If customers are unhappy with state and local law then there is a "box" for that.....

There are just obvious differences between running a small company and a corporation.

Not to mention the corporation likely has different views on topics. If there is 1 person making all the decisions that's one thing but when the corporate office issues a response it was likely ran by several folks all of different personal and political views.

If it was me or you running a small company obviously our views would play more of a part into responses.

Now I get it that in a fairy tale land you could tell your customer base to F off if they didn't fit your political views but the reality is your company is geared to middle to upper income 20-45 year old females who could care less about guns and most do not want to sit next to someone with a rifle slung across their back.

They'd be doing a disservice to the company with any other response then what they gave.

Apples to oranges comparing a small companies response to one of Panera breads.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm still eating my turkey bacon bravo and my bread bowl soups why because they are delicious.

I love guns but there is more to my life then guns.......like bacon

Don't they discount for LEO & Fire/EMS?

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Panera plans to continue to follow state and local laws regarding firearm policy. The chain also won't ask employees to enforce the new request or place signs about it in its restaurants.

Then why bother?

To get MDA off their backs.

This is the funny thing that I'm starting to realize: just as MDA thinks gun control laws means that criminals will follow the law, they think that a company putting out a little statement will keep people from coming in with their firearms. Then they all say "but we'll continue to follow local laws.

IMHO, they just saying, here you dumb ass MDA pussies, we said we don't like them. Then, they let the guns in anyhow. This just shows the idiocy of the left: words mean more than action. Almost every state that allows CC or OC has specific guidelines that companies must follow to disallow firearms in their establishment, most times it means a specifically worded sign at the entrance. Panera's stamens explicitly says they will not post any signs, therefore they are NOT banning any lawful carry. But, MDA falls for it and goes on to their next mark.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Don't they discount for LEO & Fire/EMS?

I honestly wouldn't know boss I don't have one near where I work and the only place that I e ever gotten a LEO discount (besides blue label glock) is 7-11 and promotive.com

I had my dad buy my under armor shoes so he could get me the 10% off my shoes same with my gun safe........he was 31 years military retired Sgt. Major

Edit I take that back bass pro shops will do it 25% of the time depending on who's at the register.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There are just obvious differences between running a small company and a corporation.

Not to mention the corporation likely has different views on topics. If there is 1 person making all the decisions that's one thing but when the corporate office issues a response it was likely ran by several folks all of different personal and political views.

If it was me or you running a small company obviously our views would play more of a part into responses.

Now I get it that in a fairy tale land you could tell your customer base to F off if they didn't fit your political views but the reality is your company is geared to middle to upper income 20-45 year old females who could care less about guns and most do not want to sit next to someone with a rifle slung across their back.

They'd be doing a disservice to the company with any other response then what they gave.

Apples to oranges comparing a small companies response to one of Panera breads.

Tell that to Truett Cathy......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom