Palmetto State Armory Refusing To Sell Bulk Ammo to MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    The residence I gave for my order is within the city limits.

All told though if PSA can't cite a specific law behind their store policy; allows their online system to accept orders for locations to which they won't ship; and wants to charge a 'restocking' fee for items that don't actually leave stock, I think I'll cross them off my list of ammo suppliers.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    State preemption

MD Statute 4-209

Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-209

Article - Criminal Law
    § 4-209. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the State preempts the right of a county, municipal corporation, or special taxing district to regulate the purchase, sale, taxation, transfer, manufacture, repair, ownership, possession, and transportation of:

(1) a handgun, rifle, or shotgun; and

(2) ammunition for and components of a handgun, rifle, or shotgun.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Maybe this is it. Its not a prohibition but rather it makes you register as a seller.
    11.44.030 Firearms and ammunition—Register of purchasers.permanent link to this piece of content

Each person engaged in the business of selling or exchanging any firearms, except shotguns and air and cat rifles, or ammunition, shall keep a register of the name and address of the person purchasing any firearms, cartridges or other ammunition, noting the make, caliber and date of purchase. The register shall be open to the inspection of the police at all times.

(Prior code § 17-8)

11.44.040 Firearms and ammunition—Registration of sellers.permanent link to this piece of content

Each person engaged in the business of selling or exchanging any kind of firearms or ammunition shall register his name and place of business with the City Clerk.

(Prior code § 17-9)
    http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16754&stateId=20&stateName=Maryland

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Has anyone in Montgomery County been able to have ammo mailed to them? Because, I've heard that some places such as bulkammo.com will send ammo to Montgomery county.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep. to name a few. got a delivery yesterday from Cabelas

Cabelas
    Midway USA
    Able Ammo
    Sportsman's Guide
    Tactical Defense Solutions
    Ammo to Go
    Lucky Gunner
    Freedom Munitions
    Underwood Ammo
    Georgia Arms canned heat. bulk 223
    Swampfox Ammo. (owner passed away)
    Wilson Combat

Some others but can't recall .

PSA is just plain wrong on this.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    So, what can we do to get their policy fixed?
    They have been having some decent (for today's prices) deals on ammo lately.

Send them a link to the State preemption code?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmm. ordered tons of pmc xtac 62 greentip 5.56 from CTD recently. I live in Germantown monkey county.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    So, what can we do to get their policy fixed?
    They have been having some decent (for today's prices) deals on ammo lately.

Send them a link to the State preemption code?

I just exchanged emails with Beth Hurst at PSA and did provide her the link & reference to the state law, with a suggestion they consider revising their policy.

B33J

Oct 25, 2011
    Its just Annapolis, just had my order shipped to hanover with no issues.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Annapolis' law is null and void due to preemption. If PSA doesn't want to change their policy, there are lots of other choices. Let them know that other vendors don't do this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Annapolis' law is null and void due to preemption. If PSA doesn't want to change their policy, there are lots of other choices. Let them know that other vendors don't do this.

QFT. :thumbsup:

1 of 3 options -

1 - Talk till your blue in the face trying to educate them (odds of success, doubtful).

2 - Have it shipped to your work address, if you work outside of Annapolis or MoCo.

3 - Buy from someplace else.

Seems simple enough to me...

jododan

This is my safety, sir.
    Dec 7, 2011
    Down County
    Ditto Swinokur's list. Never had trouble with PSA and I have ordered 500 rounds at a time. I am aware of their claim that they don't ship to Montgomery County, but they are the only vendor I've ever seen with that warning and they have never enforced it on a shipment.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    There definitely seems to be a reoccurring theme here. Businesses are having second thoughts about dealing with us.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    It was always my understanding that ammo was not allowed to be shipped within Annapolis city limits (AKA downtown Annapolis), not the whole of Annapolis. I never had a problem receiving ammo when I lived near the Annapolis Mall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom