• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    That's what I was thinking too, everything is supposed to be interchangeable.

Now we're not sure...
    Ok I just went into their industry page over on AR15 COM. This question was asked and answered.

So, due to the width of AK magazines a standard width AR upper will not work with their lowers.

KS47 uppers will be sold stripped to work with their lowers. The KS47 upper can work with milspec lowers though. A full line of parts will be available shortly for builds.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ok I just went into their industry page over on AR15 COM. This question was asked and answered.

So, due to the width of AK magazines a standard width AR upper will not work with their lowers.

KS47 uppers will be sold stripped to work with their lowers. The KS47 upper can work with milspec lowers though. A full line of parts will be available shortly for builds.

Good info, thanks :thumbsup:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County

So you're saying there's a chance......:D

It would be awesome if it is true that we could buy just the lower and upper and if everything else is plug and play. After tinkering with builds, I would never buy a whole AR platform rifle as a whole again.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So you're saying there's a chance......:D

It would be awesome if it is true that we could buy just the lower and upper and if everything else is plug and play. After tinkering with builds, I would never buy a whole AR platform rifle as a whole again.
    There is a chance, all you need is their stripped KS47 upper & lower, other "milspec" parts should work with their "hybrid" upper & lower.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The bolt carrier also requires some mods. From their description of the modifications, it seems that PSA is apparently reviving the old "AR-47" lowers. Those could be finicky, but they could also work real nice when you got 'em going.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    The bolt carrier also requires some mods. From their description of the modifications, it seems that PSA is apparently reviving the old "AR-47" lowers. Those could be finicky, but they could also work real nice when you got 'em going.

Where did you see that info? What mods are needed?

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Just looking at the pictures the magwell appears to be slightly longer given it doesn't need a bolt hold open or traditional mag release. Also the trigger guard seems shorter. So potentially the magazine feed lips would come into contact with the region I highlighted on a standard AR15 upper.

Attachments

• upperbottom.jpg
      upperbottom.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 1,239

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Where did you see that info? What mods are needed?
    ARFCOM. You've got to remove some material from the bottom of the bolt carrier. They didn't release specs on that, but I'm gonna guess that it's basically the same as the AR-47.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    ARFCOM. You've got to remove some material from the bottom of the bolt carrier. They didn't release specs on that, but I'm gonna guess that it's basically the same as the AR-47.
    Yeah they mentioned that the bolt/carrier runs on their AR47 & KS47 so that part is gtg.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So Nate and Gary both have some inbound. I'm guessing that means were good to go for MD purchase. :thumbsup:
    No, that means nothing. They only sell to FFLs. Nothing new here.

Also to add, I keep checking ARFCOM and the more info Palmetto releases the more it's apparent that this is a proprietary gun. So far the BCG, upper and lower is proprietary and all other questions that relates to AR47 type rifles are answered with ambiguity. This was pitched differently at SHOT & the Big 3 East.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I have two inbound that should be here in a week or so, they seem pretty interesting, and very competitive price-wise.
    Your talking about complete guns, correct? Can you see if you can backorder some lowers, complete or stripped. Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah they mentioned that the bolt/carrier runs on their AR47 & KS47 so that part is gtg.
    In the sense that the KS47 upper will run properly on a normal lower. A standard BCG with a 7.62x39 bolt won't function with the KS47 lower.

When I say "AR-47", I don't mean PSA's gun, I mean the real AR-47 lowers that were sold for a while by various companies (Michael's Machines, Vulcan, etc.). PSA is just the latest company to sell them. The lower itself seems to be nothing truly new.

Also to add, I keep checking ARFCOM and the more info Palmetto releases the more it's apparent that this is a proprietary gun. So far the BCG, upper and lower is proprietary and all other questions that relates to AR47 type rifles are answered with ambiguity.
    The lower is proprietary. The upper and BC are just a dremel away from compatibility. The bolt is "non-standard" by dint of being for 7.62x39. You will not have a problem sourcing parts.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Attachments

• DSCN4672.jpg
      DSCN4672.jpg
      112 KB · Views: 1,577
    • DSCN4673.jpg
      DSCN4673.jpg
      120.2 KB · Views: 864
    • DSCN4674.jpg