• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm sure videos like this will make them get off of their butts and figure something out! Just not a good look, gotta love social media.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I'm sure videos like this will make them get off of their butts and figure something out! Just not a good look, gotta love social media.

They should have sent it to you for some real testing and sexy pictures!

Shame on Rob Ski...he clearly didn't diligence this gun.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I think you can call them up and cancel if it hasn't been approved?
    True good idea, but is the problem with the lower, BCG or upper. I would hate to cancel the form, and then they correct the issue with the BCG or whatever is causing the issues. Decisions.....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    True good idea, but is the problem with the lower, BCG or upper. I would hate to cancel the form, and then they correct the issue with the BCG or whatever is causing the issues. Decisions.....

I had a PSA lower I SBRed and after approval found out the of the grip screw wasn't correctly taped. Luckily, they were able to to fix it without replacing the lower, but I was very nervous.

Depending on when you submitted it, way less forms are being added to the pipeline post 41f, so might not even add much wait time to cancel and resubmit when PSA figures it out.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I had a PSA lower I SBRed and after approval found out the of the grip screw wasn't correctly taped. Luckily, they were able to to fix it without replacing the lower, but I was very nervous.

Depending on when you submitted it, way less forms are being added to the pipeline post 41f, so might not even add much wait time to cancel and resubmit when PSA figures it out.

Thanks I submitted early April, so I had my fingers crossed for an early October approval. Hopefully there's a fix that doesn't involve the lower receiver.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    They should have sent it to you for some real testing and sexy pictures!

Shame on Rob Ski...he clearly didn't diligence this gun.

I wish I had that opportunity, seems that CMMG has a higher regard for their product than PSA. CMMG jumped at an opportunity to send me their product, but PSA has been running from an honest review.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Nice find. He misdiagnoses the issue in the first two videos but has a third where he has a better sense of the problem (the bolt riding the mag feed lips - lol, if he read MDS, he would have learned this beforehand).

His problem seems worse than mine initially was, although he isn't touching the mag at all and letting it hang there when he fires the rifle. PSA made that stupid comment in the ar15.com thread that people should avoid making contact with the mag after inserting it. Maybe they shouldn't rush out a product that they know is potentially defective. And they did know the issue going in given the design of the BCG which was machined to try to avoid mag feed lip contact. But this is the group that rarely gets the A2 front sight on their upper builds without a noticeable cant. I like their part sourcing and ambition, but their build quality and general quality control bites.

Note, according to a guy in the comments of the video above, PSA told him that polymer mags need approx 50 rounds to "seat" properly in the KS-47. Wtf. It's almost as if they're purposefully beclowning themselves.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    yeah, I think the more of these videos that surface, the more likely PSA will be to take a serious look at the issue. I only got to fire 2 full magazines through mine so I am not sure how severe my issue is. I also didn't get to fire mine standing either.

I still don't see what options PSA really has aside from issuing new lowers (will cost them a lot) or issue refunds( I don't see them doing this)

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    PSA responded on the ARFcom thread. We're making progress, though I wonder what CS will do...

"There seems to be some confusion on this topic, and we will try to clear it up.

The top of the polymer magazines may lightly rub on the bottom of the carrier, as this dimension of the magazine is not as tightly controlled as it is for steel. This is normal, and should not affect function, but is disconcerting for some people.

What was shown in the video is not normal wear, and should be covered under warranty. I suspect CS did not have the full spectrum of the issue from the phone call, and gave what they thought was the correct resolution. We have notified CS to let them know the difference and be prepared to clarify. This would be a bolt or carrier issue, and can be quickly resolved.

If you have emailed, or attempted to contact CS with this issue and not been successful, please IM us here and we will get it taken care of."

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    PSA responded on the ARFcom thread. We're making progress, though I wonder what CS will do...

"There seems to be some confusion on this topic, and we will try to clear it up.

The top of the polymer magazines may lightly rub on the bottom of the carrier, as this dimension of the magazine is not as tightly controlled as it is for steel. This is normal, and should not affect function, but is disconcerting for some people.

What was shown in the video is not normal wear, and should be covered under warranty. I suspect CS did not have the full spectrum of the issue from the phone call, and gave what they thought was the correct resolution. We have notified CS to let them know the difference and be prepared to clarify. This would be a bolt or carrier issue, and can be quickly resolved.

If you have emailed, or attempted to contact CS with this issue and not been successful, please IM us here and we will get it taken care of."

When I emailed back and forth with PSA CS a month ago that wanted me to send the rifle back. I did not want to do this. It is encouraging to hear them state that the problem is a "bolt or carrier" issue. Hopefully they will get to a point where the issues are addressed and we can just exchange the bolt or BCG. I'd do that.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When I emailed back and forth with PSA CS a month ago that wanted me to send the rifle back. I did not want to do this. It is encouraging to hear them state that the problem is a "bolt or carrier" issue. Hopefully they will get to a point where the issues are addressed and we can just exchange the bolt or BCG. I'd do that.
    Me too. Had written that this type of solution, if indeed a solution, would be acceptable to me upthread.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011

Definitely the preferred solution. I wonder if they can just reduce the lug a few mm's and call it a day. That's all that makes contact, correct?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    My concerns would be if they did swap out the bolt and carrier. Lets say 6 years down the road you decide to replace your bolt and carrier with a off the shelf unit! Then your right back to square 1 . The fix hides the problem. Fix the problem!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    My concerns would be if they did swap out the bolt and carrier. Lets say 6 years down the road you decide to replace your bolt and carrier with a off the shelf unit! Then your right back to square 1 . The fix hides the problem. Fix the problem!
    The gun doesn't work with off the shelf carriers, so the only fix would be to slightly redesign the bolt/carrier going forward. All newly produced carriers/bolts would be a gen2 of sorts.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    MD123 - That's the issue with mine. Lug scrapes on magazine lips. Both the magazine lips (both sides) and two lugs show wear although it is less on one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom