• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    These PSA threads are a dime a dozen, and you'll typically get the same answer from everyone on here.

Of the brands you listed I would guess about 98% of our members will say get the colt.

A lot of guys on here also love PSA because they make quality parts for good prices. I've run PSA receivers before and I always use PSA parts kits. They work as advertised.

The only thing I'll say is to strongly consider building your own rifle. Not only will you learn the ins and outs of the ar platform, but it will be your gun. The parts you wanted and you assembled. Theres a certain level of satisfaction in that.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Can't for wrong with Colt. I have 3 PSA ARs built from ground up and they've proven to be very good quality for the price as stated above by ride4frnt the PSA threads are everywhere do a search and you'll find a bunch. I would go with either Colt or PSA not a fan of RRA

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    I am currently having an issue with them. Again. Just make sure you double check your order before hitting submit because you cannot change it and it will cost you 10% to cancel even if you call 1 minute after hitting submit. I think I'm done with them.

EMS_92

Oct 8, 2012
    Never handled much less owned one, but the general feeling seems to be that there the best ARs you can get on a budget.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am currently having an issue with them. Again. Just make sure you double check your order before hitting submit because you cannot change it and it will cost you 10% to cancel even if you call 1 minute after hitting submit. I think I'm done with them.
    Are you saying you made a mistake on your order?

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Are you saying you made a mistake on your order?

Yeah. Basically logged in put ten boxes of ammo in cart. Got pulled away for some fire that needed to be put out. Site logged me out. Saw cart was empty and added 10 boxes back, clicked check out, and logged back in. Put in password, selected address and payment info, hit submit. At the order summary saw 20 and immediately called. Spoke to Mary who told me she cannot modify and could only cancel. After canceling she told me about the 10% restocking fee. Argued about the could not pack box in less than minute. Was Told its store policy. Told her to let the order come through then and she said too late I hit cancel. Funny part two days later they shipped it and it got to Laurel and they had UPS intercept it and send it back. Still haven't seen the refund so I can dispute, been 5 days.

I'm a reasonable person I think. If I called hours later and it was boxed and they had to restock, I could see the fee. I was on the phone less than a minute and followed up with an email 17 minutes after I hit submit. I feel it is an unreasonable policy and will not do business with them anymore. I spent a large chunk of change this year with them that I will direct to good companies like 2A, joebob, and Gun Connection.

I guess I better put on my flame suit because I am sure someone thinks I am being unreasonable.

OP, just trying to warn you that's all. I think they have a 15 day lead time to build on uppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom