• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    LOL, I picked up my renewal at the York Satellite office yesterday. 100% it is better than George street downtown, they won't let you bring your phone in the court house. The now famous deputy is really cool an actually gives a F about helping people defend themselves. I gave her my permit and license(PA res) along with my online approval code. Couldn't find it in the system, said it happened once in a while, and could process it right there if they couldn't fix it. Another officer at the counter told me he could run the background check right there so I could get my permit without a wasted trip, and they were sorry for the mixup. She found my info and printed my permit, but good to know they would have made it right if there was a mixup.

DEEREHUNTER

Oct 7, 2009
    Applied online for York Co, approved in 3 days.
    Set up the appointment at satellite office.
    Although I should have allowed more time for traffic, I made it on time.
    Both officers were friendly and helpful. I was in and out in ten minutes. There was a light stream of people while I was there.
    Would highly recommend.
    Thanks for the tips from previous posters.

Last edited:
    S

SW51

Applied online for York Co, approved in 3 days.
    Set up the appointment at satellite office.
    Although I should have allowed more time foe traffic, I made it on time.
    Both officers were friendly and helpful. I was in and out in ten minutes. There was a light stream of people while I was there.
    Would highly recommend.
    Thanks for the tips from previous posters.
    Ditto^^^^^^

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Fayette county was amazing. Online Application, same day approval, scheduled pickup same week. Sheriff deputies were all very friendly! The way is should be everywhere!

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Picked up my PA from Adams County Sheriff's last week. After a month wait, appointment due to their backups ? The Sheriff's office is a small room in the basement of the courthouse, on Baltimore St. The gal who took my pic said they do approximately 30-40 a day. So instead of clogging up their small room, she said that's why it takes so long to get 1 out of Adams County. It's the most basic, NO FRILLS looking PA CCW cards of the other 3 that I have. It is what it is. ALSO, I DIDN'T notice, after she handed it to me, she's got my middle name on the SAME slot as my 1st name. In the beginning stages of my app process, they also SOMEHOW BUTCHERED up my name ? How they did that, NO IDEA, since I submitted my name, I typed & spelled correctly, perfect, clear PDF photo's of my name on my MD DL, MD HGP, and my other State CCW's HOWEVER next time I'm up that way, I'll swing back in for them to FIX it, so it's on the card correctly. So FYI, check it thoroughly before you leave ‍♂️

Last edited:

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Picked up my PA from Adams County Sheriff's last week. .she's got my middle name on the SAME slot as my 1st name ... they also SOMEHOW BUTCHERED up my name ?... check it thoroughly before you leave

Here is a TL;DR version of the rant w/o the verbosity, bold and italics. Seems a QA check by the recipient would have avoided the situation.

When I got mine at the York Satellite, Ms Cutie told me to check everything on the permit before leaving.

Last edited:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    The shops just over state lines selling mags >10rds tend to have a really high markup on the mags. Get 15-20 miles into the state and prices tend to normalize.
    Sounds about as expected. The PA folks likely know not to buy from those “just across the line” shops that are jacking up prices to take advantage of MD folks.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Manufacturer website price is $43 for the $65 mag. When I asked the dude if it was a good price since this is my first Sig I'm unfamiliar, he said yes we strive to stay competitive ! Thats 50% over Sigs price

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Picked up my PA from Adams County Sheriff's last week. After a month wait, appointment due to their backups ? The Sheriff's office is a small room in the basement of the courthouse, on Baltimore St. The gal who took my pic said they do approximately 30-40 a day. So instead of clogging up their small room, she said that's why it takes so long to get 1 out of Adams County. It's the most basic, NO FRILLS looking PA CCW cards of the other 3 that I have Is what it is. ALSO, somehow, I DIDN'T notice, after she handed it to me, she's got my middle name on the SAME slot as my 1st name In the beginning stages of my app process, they also SOMEHOW BUTCHERED up my name ? How they did that, NO IDEA, since I submitted my name that I typed & spelled correctly, perfect, clear PDF photo's of my name on my MD DL, MD HGP, and my 2 other State CCW's HOWEVER next time I'm up that way, I'll swing back in for them to FIX it, so it's on the card correctly. So FYI, check it thoroughly before you leave ‍♂️
    They messed mine up as well. I didn’t catch it until I was home. Get it fixed later.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Picked up my permit from York County today. Applied last Tuesday, approved Monday. Picked up at George St, satellite office was booked for quite a while. Not a bad experience. Parking sucked and had to leave cell phone in my car. Otherwise, no problem. 3 people ahead of me , in and out in about 20 minutes. The lady processing them was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy talking to out of staters.

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    Applied online York County last Sunday, approved today and picking up Monday at courthouse.

4 days for approval with a holiday in between

Only one week from application to pick up in person if everything goes as planned.

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Next Florida!
    Nice... Florida is easy to get. IIRC I sent in my HQL training paperwork to satisfy FL training requirements. TBH I can't exactly remember, I also have my UT permit. I may have sent them that. To be safe, and for sure, you can also just send them your MD 16 hour course training and that MORE than satisfies FL training. With FL, and UT, you'll pick up DE. It's really all about the dollar. I know have 4 cards, PLUS my DL. I WISH they just make 1 card for all 50 states, and be DONE with like LEOSA.... Hopefully maybe in the future. Best of luck.

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    Nice... Florida is easy to get. IIRC I sent in my HQL training paperwork to satisfy FL training requirements. TBH I can't exactly remember, I also have my UT permit. I may have sent them that. To be safe, and for sure, you can also just send them your MD 16 hour course training and that MORE than satisfies FL training. With FL, and UT, you'll pick up DE. It's really all about the dollar. I know have 4 cards, PLUS my DL. I WISH they just make 1 card for all 50 states, and be DONE with like LEOSA.... Hopefully maybe in the future. Best of luck.

Great info, will do as you stated and send as much paperwork as possible to avoid any delays.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom