• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Did my application online this morning in York County. Received approval email and text 1.5 hours later. York satellite office had availability for pick up as soon as Monday.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    All of you Marylanders complaining about the pickup time in Adams County.......the day I picked mine up, I was told I was one of two PA residents out of a full schedule, thanks guys!!!!

....and yes, it took me longer to walk to and from the Courthouse, than it did in the Courthouse.

ETA - Gettysburg has an app (PayByPhone) to pay your parking if you don't have coinage.....it works great!!

BTW - Hagerstown uses the same app.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Those who applied online in Adams, what category did you select to upload your Maryland permit? I see categories for picture ID front and back, and a few other things but none specifically for permit. Also is there a separate application for out of state non resident permit of is it the same as PA resident?

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Those who applied online in Adams, what category did you select to upload your Maryland permit? I see categories for picture ID front and back, and a few other things but none specifically for permit. Also is there a separate application for out of state non resident permit of is it the same as PA resident?
    There is no separate non-resident permit app. As far as uploading the MD permit, I used the same page where you upload your drivers license, and used the Other category for the front and back of the permit.

Also, I just received approval a little while ago today. Appt. to pickup on 11/17.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I seem to be getting hung up on the question, if you are a resident of another state, do you possess a current license or permit to carry a firearm. I check the yes box and then another box pops up under saying that answering yes to this question may disqualify you from a license to carry permit. I uploaded my permit in the previous section along with my drivers license. What does this thing want from me?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I seem to be getting hung up on the question, if you are a resident of another state, do you possess a current license or permit to carry a firearm. I check the yes box and then another box pops up under saying that answering yes to this question may disqualify you from a license to carry permit. I uploaded my permit in the previous section along with my drivers license. What does this thing want from me?
    Just ignore that pop up message. As long as you filled everything out right, icluded front and back of your W&C and DL AND pay the $25, you should be good to go

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    Do you know the definition of "may"? It's not asking you for anything.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I feel like it wants me to type something in that box in order to continue. It says field required. I clicked on the next button and it keeps highlighting that dang box. I don’t want to screw this up!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I feel like it wants me to type something in that box in order to continue. It says field required. I clicked on the next button and it keeps highlighting that dang box. I don’t want to screw this up!
    I typed in "Maryland Handgun Permit attached" or something along those lines.

This thread and the PA CCW thread should really be merged.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    There is no separate non-resident permit app. As far as uploading the MD permit, I used the same page where you upload your drivers license, and used the Other category for the front and back of the permit.

Also, I just received approval a little while ago today. Appt. to pickup on 11/17.
    Nice - Congrats!

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I typed in "Maryland Handgun Permit attached" or something along those lines.

This thread and the PA CCW thread should really be merged.
    Exactly. That section of the form is kind of misleading, but if you leave that text box empty (like I did the first time I tried :D ) it will tell you that you're doing it wrong.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    That's exactly how I answered it, "what are you looking for here" and it completed fine. Glitch.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No thanks to the now convicted former AG Kane PA stopped recognizing NR permits. That’s why many of us let our NH permits lapse

That’s why so many people are getting Pa now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No thanks to the now convicted former AG Kane PA stopped recognizing NR permits. That’s why many of us let our NH permits lapse

That’s why so many people are getting Pa now

Ah. All the ins an outs...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It’s confusing for sure. Keeping up with reciprocity is a full time job

Hopefully down the road we’ll have National Reciprocity

And eff her.