• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Still trying to digest the disappointment. I thought PA was still America, but apparently it has been infected by an activist libtard. So until the bug is squashed and my 2A rights are re-recognized I won't be visiting relatives in PA as often and definitely won't be spending my vacation budget there anymore - that's all going south. It's stuff like this that will push us more toward national carry, so maybe the short term pain will be worth it?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I stopped vacationing in PA once they took away the non-resident FL reciprocity, but was planning on getting a UT permit soon in time for summer vacation period. That's off now. I won't be spending my family's time and money in PA ... lots of other opportunities around the country.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Looks like it's getting interesting...

PAFOA User bill gray said:
    This was a hearing on an effort to impeach her. The people testifying criticized her one sided actions to ignore law when it suits her rather than upholding laws passed by the legislature. I mentioned the unilateral changes to reciprocity (she is empowered to establish agreements but not to cancel or modify them). Also testified to is her failure to pursue any action at all against politicians who accepted money and jewelry meant to influence their votes. The last testifier was upset over her failure to go after election officials and politicians who committed election fraud.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    PA should then/now issue a non-resident permit of there own.

They do, however many sheriffs refuse to follow the law and issue. In addition, a home state permit is required, effectively cutting off almost all residents of NJ and MD. They used to do it by mail, that's also been cut off.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I just want to add a little info to some of the discussion a page back or two concerning the reason the PA AG stated she pulled the reciprocity agreement. If you are a resident of a state that recognizes the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, you must include a copy of YOUR RESIDENT STATE'S concealed firearm permit with your application in order to obtain a Utah CFP. I went through the Utah Training not too long ago, so I remember this point clearly, because there were VA residents, DE residents, WV residents, etc. in the class. The instructor made a point to let them know they must include a copy of their home state's permit in order to obtain a Utah CFP.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/CFPapp0313_000.pdf
    edit: top right of the form

So I definitely agree this is clearly a move targeted at non-residents that surround PA such as NY, MD, NJ who were able to carry in PA using a Utah non-resident CFP.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    The wording on this document is what is deceiving. They sure are slick foxes up there in PA. Yes you can apply for a Utah CFP if you don't have a carry permit from your state (if your state does not recognize the Utah permit). But the only reason you won't have a resident permit is if YOUR STATE WONT ISSUE YOU A PERMIT. I.E. MAY / WILL NOT ISSUE. PA AG asked the question in a way to get the answer they wanted. Before the current change PA recognized the Utah Permit ... so PA residents would have to have a resident permit in order to apply for Utah.

This also came up briefly in a bill this session down in Annapolis. I'll have to look up the HB / SB, but it was going to be introduced by Del. Smiegel. He was going to propose MD recognize the Utah CFP. But if that bill passed (I know I'm dreaming) MD residents would need a MD permit in order to obtain the Utah CFP. Effectively prohibiting the last few patriots from getting a Utah permit, so Smiegel withdrew the bill so we could still get the Utah.

edit: I'm referring to the document ryan_j uploaded on the last page.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    The wording on this document is what is deceiving. They sure are slick foxes up there in PA. Yes you can apply for a Utah CFP if you don't have a carry permit from your state. But the only reason you won't have a resident permit is if YOUR STATE WONT ISSUE YOU A PERMIT. I.E. MAY / WILL NOT ISSUE. PA AG asked the question to get the answer they wanted.

edit: I'm referring to the document ryan_j uploaded on the last page.

I think we all know she is finding any excuse to push gun control. They take what ever they can to whittle away our right. The average uninformed don't see the big picture and think we are just crying over our toys.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The supposed reason originally given by PA AG for dropping FL and VA was the same issue, namely the issuance of NR permits to PA residents to carry because Philly was puling permits for BS reasons.which was fixed when UT agreed to not issue a permit to resident of a state that issued permits. FL and VA had no such requirements so they were dropped. This was supposedly done to prevent PA residents from carrying in PA on an out of state NR permit. So if UT fixed the issue, what's her excuse for this?

Political agenda?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    The supposed reason originally given by PA AG for dropping FL and VA was the same issue, namely the issuance of NR permits to PA residents to carry because Philly was puling permits for BS reasons.which was fixed when UT agreed to not issue a permit to resident of a state that issued permits. FL and VA had no such requirements so they were dropped. This was supposedly done to prevent PA residents from carrying in PA on an out of state NR permit. So if UT fixed the issue, what's her excuse for this?

Political agenda?

Cleary it is. Lately I am getting the feeling we are losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom