• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What is the going price of p64 pistols With 2 magazine? I am thinking about selling one of mine to fund a Glock 43x With the mos.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What is the going price of p64 pistols With 2 magazine? I am thinking about selling one of mine to fund a Glock 43x With the mos.
    Check out the online gun dealers and GunBroker, Armslist etc. then make sure they're actually selling at the asking prices. Easy peasy

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Check out the online gun dealers and GunBroker, Armslist etc. then make sure they're actually selling at the asking prices. Easy peasy
    I looked at gunbroker and the price range from 350-600.. that is a large range. I saw the lower priced ones have bids but people always try and get it for the cheapest they can. So i don’t know what the proper price is.

the magazine alone looks to be going for $50 if they are in stock.

Last edited:

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Don't blame you for wanting to sell lol. Feels good in the hand, pretty to look at, annoying to shoot even though its dead on.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I looked at gunbroker and the price range from 350-600.. that is a large range. I saw the lower priced ones have bids but people always try and get it for the cheapest they can. So i don’t know what the proper price is.

the magazine alone looks to be going for $50 if they are in stock.
    That's why you have to log in and see the recently completed sales under the advanced search options. All of the P-64s with 2-mags that had successful sales (meaning someone bid on it and won) went for the 350-400 range I mentioned in the 2nd post.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That's why you have to log in and see the recently completed sales under the advanced search options. All of the P-64s with 2-mags that had successful sales (meaning someone bid on it and won) went for the 350-400 range I mentioned in the 2nd post.
    This is the best advice. You need to see what something SOLD for, ignore asking prices which IMHO are totally out of control in today's market. This is also why a post-auction "prices realized" list is so important to anyone trying to place a realistic value to a firearm and how those prices are trending.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Seems like the price of the P64 just about doubled in the last ten or so years and then leveled off at around $400. and hasn't moved higher for a while. They are a nice " built like a tank " pistol but not especially fun to shoot. The double action trigger pull of 28lbs followed up with the single action pull of ~2 lbs is recipe for unintentional double taps IMO. That being said, I still like the feel of the P64 in my hand. Feels very much like the Walter PPK. I have both, and if someone is looking for a PPK and doesn't want to spend the big bucks, the P64 is a very close substitute. Different ammo of course.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    i actually used one of my p64 to take my maryland W&c class. the pistol (and me) where older them 3/4 of the class. i had one little hiccup with it because of ammo issues. there where a lot of new pistols having lot more issues then should have. i had no issues qualifying with it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm used to kydex holsters molded for a specific model gun, which lock onto the trigger guard. When the gun is holstered, you can feel and even hear that satisfying "click" as it locks. You can turn the holsters upside down and shake it vigorously and the pistol will not fall out.

I was really asking if the P64 and the PP/PPK are dimensionally close enough to provide that sort of retention. Will a kydex holster specifically molded to be an exact, locking fit for a PPK provide the same solid lock-up for a P64? I really doubt it, but ...maybe it would.

There are generic soft "pouch" type holsters which don't have that retention. They are "one size fits many." Any pistol of the same general size will "fit" that type of holster.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm used to kydex holsters molded for a specific model gun, which lock onto the trigger guard. When the gun is holstered, you can feel and even hear that satisfying "click" as it locks. You can turn the holsters upside down and shake it vigorously and the pistol will not fall out.

I was really asking if the P64 and the PP/PPK are dimensionally close enough to provide that sort of retention. Will a kydex holster specifically molded to be an exact, locking fit for a PPK provide the same solid lock-up for a P64? I really doubt it, but ...maybe it would.

There are generic soft "pouch" type holsters which don't have that retention. They are "one size fits many." Any pistol of the same general size will "fit" that type of holster.

I don't have a P64 personally, but the dimensions are just different enough that I doubt it would work. I have a FEG PA-63 which is even more of a clone of the PP, but even then I'd be skeptical of whether it would fit something as specifically formed as a Kydex holster. That said, my PA-63 WILL absolutely work in a FOBUS PP holster which is still form-fitting. I don't know if the P64 would though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom