• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    A friend has a p365 SAS version and can not get slide to go back on. Im used to the takedown lever but he has a screw instead. When putting slide back in is screw supposed to be up and down or at a tilt? I move it straight up and down and put slide on and screw tilts. Tried to hold the tiny lever behind it uo but didnt work. Whats the trick?

Thanks

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    too late now, but the 365 SAS is one of the worst pistols on earth. My 365 takedown lever has never snagged on anything, ever. Sig loves marketing the Sig Anti Snag versions. And the sight is terrible. :)

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Blaster I agree. I love my full sized 226 but when it came to small carry I went hellcat. Handling the 365sas to get slide back on wasnt fun. But told my boss I would see if anyone here could help.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    A friend has a p365 SAS version and can not get slide to go back on. Im used to the takedown lever but he has a screw instead. When putting slide back in is screw supposed to be up and down or at a tilt? I move it straight up and down and put slide on and screw tilts. Tried to hold the tiny lever behind it uo but didnt work. Whats the trick?

Thanks
    start at 11 minutes

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

Thanks
    Also-

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    We looked at a dozen videos none really showed the issue. What was finally figured out was the take down screw was turned but not far enough. There was a flap inside of the screw that was lifted manually which then allowed the screw to continue to turn far enough. I'm used to the latches. I dont like man handling little pieces as I tend to break them or they go flying away. Using a screw and a screwdriver doesnt make it user friendly.

Since it was my bosses pistol I didnt have the heart to tell him he did a crap job cleaning it nor can I guess how many work hours were spent on line looking for the answer!

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    These pistols take a lot of heat. I've only sold one, and that was to a jaded grandmother who wasn't listening to anything I told her. Most critics complain about the sights; justifiably, if you aren't used to pistols with low sight profiles, it takes some practice to master. However, those pistols and the SAS aren't intended for targets beyond a few yards, and if you expect better accuracy, you'll need to practice with it a lot. Like with most SIG 365 models, the triggers are terrible, the price is over the top, and the takedown is annoying. I would only own one if it were gifted to me.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Thanks for help all. Its working now.

Really surprises me on the comments on the p365. Always thought of Sig as a great brand. As I have said before I love my 226. I prolly would have gotten the sig when I was looking for a smaller 9 but the hellcat just felt a little better in my hand at first.grip. Hope sig stayed a good brand for most part,

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Triggers on the 365's aren't 1911 customish, that's true, but I have not found them to be any different from competing micro 9's. If you think the 365 is bad, try 2 or 3 different LCP's

Also there is a bit of wear-in on the 365's. Out of the box they are not what they will be after 200-300 rounds.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    These pistols take a lot of heat. I've only sold one, and that was to a jaded grandmother who wasn't listening to anything I told her. Most critics complain about the sights; justifiably, if you aren't used to pistols with low sight profiles, it takes some practice to master. However, those pistols and the SAS aren't intended for targets beyond a few yards, and if you expect better accuracy, you'll need to practice with it a lot. Like with most SIG 365 models, the triggers are terrible, the price is over the top, and the takedown is annoying. I would only own one if it were gifted to me.
    It's worse than just a "low sight profile". SAS sights are in a groove that must be perfectly aligned to even see. Much slower than plain iron sights, which can be indexed and corrected as the gun comes up into view.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yes, something completely new and different requires time to learn. Just like all shooting, and most sports, it takes time and determination to acquire new skills. I feel that I have mastered the SAS dot in a circle sight; when I bring it up, I can see them without hunting. It took time to learn. I will not argue that is is worthless in low light, but to me so are black on black irons. I no longer have the contrast differentation in my vision. Bright white, bright red and some gold leaf on many of my guns.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Like with most SIG 365 models, the triggers are terrible, the price is over the top, and the takedown is annoying. I would only own one if it were gifted to me.
    Wut?

Ever shoot a stock M&P? Cost? The 365 is no more than a Glock 43X when you add night sights. Apparently moving a lever 90 degrees is too complicated for you?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wut?

Ever shoot a stock M&P? Cost? The 365 is no more than a Glock 43X when you add night sights. Apparently moving a lever 90 degrees is too complicated for you?

Hey, hey, what’s with the M&P hate? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    I have a 320 and love it...it's one of the most accurate handguns I have ever shot. Maybe I just got lucky, but that is not typical. I have a good friend that has a 365 and neither of us can shoot it very well. Is the 365 just not an accurate gun?????

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a 320 and love it...it's one of the most accurate handguns I have ever shot. Maybe I just got lucky, but that is not typical. I have a good friend that has a 365 and neither of us can shoot it very well. Is the 365 just not an accurate gun?????
    No. It's not inaccuate, it is DIFFICULT. There is a significant learning curve and most people are not willing to apply the necessary time and effort. Few people find it "natural" and easy. Doesn't mean a flaw with the design.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Yes, something completely new and different requires time to learn. Just like all shooting, and most sports, it takes time and determination to acquire new skills. I feel that I have mastered the SAS dot in a circle sight; when I bring it up, I can see them without hunting. It took time to learn. I will not argue that is is worthless in low light, but to me so are black on black irons. I no longer have the contrast differentation in my vision. Bright white, bright red and some gold leaf on many of my guns.
    I just read this thread to the end. While an annoyance to get there, I discovered the same thing years back when ai started playing with optic sight ‘open’ pistols. That setup taught me two things. How to align/index the pistol, and that I prefer iron sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom