• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Was suggested I post here in case anyone can help me evaluate and identify a P08 beyond what I'm piecing together on the internet. Please PM me. thanks

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    it only has 4 numbers on the serial :tinfoil:
    That's interesting.
    If the rest of the visible SN's line up with the 4 on the SN then cover up the whole SN and just post that the visible SN's match the SN.

IIRC PO8's had every part stamped including grips and firing pin.
    If you don't have the right tools, firearm screwdrivers, etc. you are better off leaving it as is vs trying to dissemble.

The sticky part of a postit note works well to cover up numbers.

I'm not trying to be a PIA but pics speak words and there are a lot of folks on MDS who know way more about PO8's than I do.

Peace.

Jul 1, 2012
    The pool of possibilities is vast and daunting!

Typically, the S/N's on the parts are the last 2 digits, with full s/n (including letter suffix if applicable) on the front of the frame and w/o suffix under the barrel and upper left frame. Mileage varies, as does a ton of other things though! Lugers are something I've steered away from for the most part, due to how many variations and little details that make the difference between a $1k gun and a $10k gun. Plus so much fakery out there...

The only thing I do know is you need to be careful removing the left grip panel to avoid breaking off the upper rear corner around the safety lever :) and something to check for when looking at one.

If you're looking for a quick visual reference check Legacy Collectibles' site or David Rachwal's site

If you can't find what you need there or from MDS'ers, for a deeper dive hook up with Jan Still's Luger forum.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Sounds right. Those 4 digits (plus suffixes?) indicate the pistol number built by that manufacturer in that particular year.

So a Erfurt/1918 might have a serial number of 1234. There is also likely a DWM/1918 with a serial number 1234. And possibly a Erfurt/1918 with a serial number 1234a.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Was suggested I post here in case anyone can help me evaluate and identify a P08 beyond what I'm piecing together on the internet. Please PM me. thanks
    What KIND of P08? Specificity is your friend.

the “P08 Luger” or “German Luger”

p08 luger air pistol

luger p08 toy gun

luger p08 ejecting laser pistol

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Sounds right. Those 4 digits (plus suffixes?) indicate the pistol number built by that manufacturer in that particular year.

So a Erfurt/1918 might have a serial number of 1234. There is also likely a DWM/1918 with a serial number 1234. And possibly a Erfurt/1918 with a serial number 1234a.
    LOL. I have a DWM 1916, the serial number is 15 off from your example

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom