• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Are there any outdoor ranges near Keyser..??

I know about the Cross Hairs indoor range in Ft. Ashby, but with the weather turning warmer every day I would really like to find something outdoors that isn't an hour and a forty five minutes away like 340 defense in Charles Town.

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Savage River Shooting Range. It's in New Germany State Forest. There is another member here that shoots there from you area,

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland

Green Ridge State Forest​

Public Shooting Range​

GRSF_ShootingRange.jpg
    The shooting range was developed through funds from the collection of hunting license fees and established to benefit the veteran and novice outdoor sportsmen alike. It is a well-maintained facility in which visitors may use by registering for a daily or annual permit available only at Green Ridge State Forest Headquarters. The range may be reserved by various law enforcement or other agencies to conduct training or hunting safety courses.
    The range is open every day from 10:00 a.m. till Dusk, except on Sunday when the hours are 12:00 p.m. to Dusk. On Tuesdays it is closed for maintenance. Call in advance to ensure it is not closed for law enforcement training. Cost is $5 per day or $25 for yearly permit.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I like Savage River over Green Ridge, even though it’s on 96 yards. The Green Ridge baffles are annoying.

OP what type of shoot are you in to? I may have other options for you

zspeedballz

May 15, 2013

I know about the Cross Hairs indoor range in Ft. Ashby, but with the weather turning warmer every day I would really like to find something outdoors that isn't an hour and a forty five minutes away like 340 defense in Charles Town.
    10x in Berkeley Springs

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv

Peacemaker is closer to you and 10x nicer than 340 defense. There is a shotgun range in sleepy creek wma in Morgan County but it was on fire last night because some ******* was using incendiary rounds might be a bit before that re opens

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom