• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    I have had two instances where out of state dealers, not knowing MD laws needed to be contacted. In one case, the seller agreed that it was still OK to ship magazines to Maryland. In the other, Centerfire Systems, was not convinced to check MD law with a phone call. I did send them an email linking to a summary of the law from MSI and a thread here but am not hopeful.

Normally, I would take my business elsewhere but they are the only game in town for VEPR 7.62x54r rifles.

Does anyone have any experience with resolving this sort of problem?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a last resort , do the two step. Transfer to an IP or other friendly FFL in Pa, Va , or WV , and then have retransfer if necessary. Any extra layer of fees , but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    Success!

After contacting Centerfire Systems and speaking with Shane, the company owner, he called Bob at Gunrunners who confirmed the current status of MD law and agreed to do the transfer.

It was a little bit of an adventure but paid off. Be polite, be persistent and know the law and be willing to explain it over the phone.

:beer:

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I bought 3 factory 17 round Glock mags from them a month ago, no problems shipped right away. I must have got in before they stopped. Now I have 3 mags, 1,200 rounds of ammo but no gun STILL at day 112 :sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I had the same issue with JP Rifles. They already have added Maryland to their disclaimer of states they will not ship to. A quick e-mail to the general manager to explain the situation here in Maryland and he said he would ship to any FFL willing to accept the receiver for me. Placed the order today and it should be at my FFL sometime next week. Now, I am working on my last purchase before SB281 goes into effect. It's going to be a birthday present to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom