• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    At your door or your FFL's door? Or did they make you a new reciever with the same serial #?

Here is the ATF code that addresses this:

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER I--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS, DEPARTMENT OF THE
    TREASURY

PART 178--COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION--Table of Contents

Subpart I--Exemptions, Seizures, and Forfeitures

Sec. 178.147 Return of firearm.

A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may
    ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or
    licensed dealer for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other
    provision of this part, the licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or
    licensed dealer may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that
    person the firearm or a replacement firearm of the same kind and type.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Two new receivers arrived today. I tested both and they are in spec and of the quality that I expect of RRA. No letter from RRA to send to the MSP :confused:.

**EDIT** The packing slip is meant to be sent to the MSP. I didn't notice it at first since it was on the outside of the box. It has a statement that says "Replaced lowers old #xxxxxxx & #xxxxxxx for new #xxxxxxx & #xxxxxxx. Warranty"

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    You didn't have the only out of spec RRA lower. I also have one. I have it on a Fulton Armory upper. It is REAL tight and there is a gap between the upper and the lower. Some mags will leave a live round in the chamber with an open bolt. :eek: I don't think I will buy a RRA Lower again. I also tried to put the lower on my Armalite upper. It wont even fit. :sad20:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    You didn't have the only out of spec RRA lower. I also have one. I have it on a Fulton Armory upper. It is REAL tight and there is a gap between the upper and the lower. Some mags will leave a live round in the chamber with an open bolt. :eek: I don't think I will buy a RRA Lower again. I also tried to put the lower on my Armalite upper. It wont even fit. :sad20:

That may be your uppers. I'd be interested to see how it fit with an RRA upper. RRA is known for having very tight tolerances, and it is rare to see a complaint. That is why I was surprised with my problem. But from talking to customer service, I got the feeling that a bad batch went out. They made it right in a minimal amount of time, and personally I will only buy RRA in the future if possible. ...unless their QA is starting to slip like Bushmaster.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Yeah, the test of a good company in my eyes is not only the product they deliver, but how it handles problems if one ever arises. I have seen too many times a company with a good product that when there is a problem, they fall flat on their face with support. RRA is on the top of my short list for when I buy my first evil black rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom