• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I did the same thing a week ago. Was cutting a loose string off shirt in the mirror..depth perception out the window and into my thumb.

Maybe went in 3/8 of an inch but bled like crazy. Gotta be something in the water

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The only stitches I've ever needed (aside from surgery) were caused by the serrated edge of a butter knife. I was using it to pry apart two frozen pieces of fish. It slipped, rode along the bottom of my wedding ring and went through between my second and third fingers.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Did someone say thumb and stitches?

1701785097739.jpeg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sweet Glykon, it gave you a kiss, now it is truly your knife. "laughs in mediocre Balisong afficionado with scarred up hands."

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Sweet Glykon, it gave you a kiss, now it is truly your knife. "laughs in mediocre Balisong afficionado with scarred up hands."
    Guess my Benchmade is with me for life, since it drew blood in the 1st week of joining my family :lol:
    Medicine cabinet has super glue and liquid bandage in it at all times now.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Oh crap. Now it’s tasted blood and will hunger for more!

Might want to rehome it. I volunteer my services. I run a small shelter for homeless and unwanted blades.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It actually was a lot deeper than the pic looks.
    It looks similar to what my helper did once, but in his case, the entire flap was severed, so there was nothing to sew up. Just a gaping hole. I put the thumbtip over the hole and taped it on with duck tape and took him to the er. Of course the skin was not viable, but the pa told me it was smart to do that, that it provided a matrix for healing.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Handle sharp objects for any amount of time you eventually get bit. Nature of the beast.

I had a call one time for a fella who cut himself while trying to add a hole in his belt with an exacto knife. Not an uncommon way to injure yourself right? What makes this case interesting is, he was attempting to do this while still wearing the belt. He sliced right down through his groin and caught his femoral artery. The only reason he is still alive is his quick thinking neighbor put a tourniquet on him before we got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom