• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Yay! Just ordered my first Garand yesterday from CMP, a Special Grade, Springfield receiver, in .30-06. :D

I’m more interested in a shooter than something that might be of more historic interest. I also like the idea of the refinished receiver and new barrel.

Now the long wait… :(

myuen021078

Jan 18, 2013
    Rockville
    Yay! Just ordered my first Garand yesterday from CMP, a Special Grade, Springfield receiver, in .30-06. :D

I’m more interested in a shooter than something that might be of more historic interest. I also like the idea of the refinished receiver and new barrel.

Did you need to get your order form notarized? This will be my 1st time ordering from CMP.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I bet Obama's latest Executive Order caused a landslide of CMP orders. The law of unintended consequences.

I bet. I had put off buying one down till a year or two from now... I'm praying this blows over and things aren't affected too badly. I am finally a member of 2 CMP affiliate organizations... dammit.

F you Obama.

Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Did you need to get your order form notarized? This will be my 1st time ordering from CMP.

Yes, myuen, I got it notarized. It's my first CMP purchase, too.

I bet Obama's latest Executive Order caused a landslide of CMP orders. The law of unintended consequences.

I might have a little jump on the others; I completed the form the day before and mailed it the morning of his Executive Action. Kind of hard, to say the least, to hear them talk of "keeping military grade weapons off the streets." The only time these have been on the streets are at Independence Day parades...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Here is the word from Orest, the Chief Operating Officer and Head Honcho at the CMP:

wow - three pages before I get to reply - here is my answer:
    it just happened this morning and I don't know when I will have time to evaluate. We have to do today's work today and process orders we already have, and then hit the road for Cody.

From what I read - it has no direct impact on the CMP. Of course others will argue it.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=906397&postcount=37

it has no direct impact on the CMP.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Too funny I ordered my first one ever this morning sent priority mail. I committed on Thursday and had to get the docs together. I ordered the H&R service grade. I have wanted one for about 10 years and since I was spending too much money anyway, I just said why not!

How long do you think? 120 days??

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    If you're lucky you might see it in time for Christmas. You won't be dissappointed, I love mine.
    showimage.php

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I love my H&R Garand. Truly a beautiful rifle, and a "blast" to shoot. I found the end bloc clips on Amazon for a great price, good quality. Every time I take the rifle from the safe, I cannot help but think of where these rifles have been, the hands that held it. The fear as a young soldier stepped foot on the French soil on D-Day, facing the enemy. Kind of makes what I face every day seem trivial.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    On the CMP Forum under the M1 Garand section is a thread called New Order Timeline:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081&page=758

758 pages of people posting their order and received dates just so you can see what to expect.

It looks like they are delivering rifles ordered about 110+/- days ago. Of course YMMV and it depends on how many orders they received before yours. But if you watch it you will see if the trend is going up or down. They have similar threads for ammunition.

You will love your CMP Special looks like a brand new rifle. I predict you will catch Granditius and need to buy more. The CMP Special also comes in .308. I am waiting on two service grades and two Kimbers (fingers crossed) but I got my DBU so it looks promising.

anand14

Jul 24, 2012
    On the CMP Forum under the M1 Garand section is a thread called New Order Timeline:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=28081&page=758

758 pages of people posting their order and received dates just so you can see what to expect.

It looks like they are delivering rifles ordered about 110+/- days ago. Of course YMMV and it depends on how many orders they received before yours. But if you watch it you will see if the trend is going up or down. They have similar threads for ammunition.

You will love your CMP Special looks like a brand new rifle. I predict you will catch Granditius and need to buy more. The CMP Special also comes in .308. I am waiting on two service grades and two Kimbers (fingers crossed) but I got my DBU so it looks promising.
    I had ordered a Field Grade Garand during the first week of April 2013. They submitted my order on June 28 (according to the website) and I am still waiting. It usually takes 30 days after the submission date but I am still waiting...

I know the CMP has been inundated with orders.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Too funny I ordered my first one ever this morning sent priority mail. I committed on Thursday and had to get the docs together. I ordered the H&R service grade. I have wanted one for about 10 years and since I was spending too much money anyway, I just said why not!

How long do you think? 120 days??

I ordered an H&R service grade in May, got it at end of August. It is way nicer than I expected. Damn thing looks brand new. Im actually considering ordering another but Id like to get a Win or springfield just for variety but they are all sold out. MIght get another H&R. It will be 5 months or so till they charge my CC so Im sure I'll have some room by then... :sad20:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

When you finally get your rifle, there are some thread about prepping the stock that should be done before you shoot it a lot. Or if you like you can reach out to me but there are a few areas on the newly issues CMP stocks that are a bit proud and to get the best accuracy and preserve the integrity of the stock should be relieved.

Congrats on your order!

anand14

Jul 24, 2012
    I just got an email from CMP that they are running behind on my HRA Field Grade and offered an upgrade to the Springfield Service Grade for $100 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom