• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wingnut

Member me?
    Sep 29, 2010
    Easton, MD
    It's time to upgrade my red dot on one of my AR's but I' m torn between two options...
    I really like either the viper pst 1-4 or the eotech HHS 1 or 2 (I haven't really discerned the difference yet). Obviously the eotech setup costs more but that isn't a deciding factor for right now. Any opinions or advice is welcome. Tell me which you would pick and why. Thanks.

This AR is for plinking, defense, SHTF and potentially 3gun if that sport even remains in existence after the politicians are done...

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    I put the Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 on mine. :thumbsup: I am very pleased with it at 100 yds. Wish I had a range out to 200 to try it on.

Wingnut

Member me?
    Sep 29, 2010
    Easton, MD
    In case my way of wording it was confusing...
    I meant I'm not sure whether I would want the HHS 1 or HHS 2 yet. I understand the difference between those and the viper. That is the crux of my question. Two very different set-ups. Each has its pros and cons. I know the viper style is used more frequently for 3gun and might be better for mid range shooting. The eotech would be better for home defense. Thats where I'm torn but maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, help me out here...

Wingnut

Member me?
    Sep 29, 2010
    Easton, MD
    I put the Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 on mine. :thumbsup: I am very pleased with it at 100 yds. Wish I had a range out to 200 to try it on.

I have a Nikon 6.5-20 x 40 on my 6.5 Grendel AR. I'm happy with that for long distance shooting. Thanks for the input though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom