• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Heres what ive got. Colt upper with a fixed carrying handle. Ive got this mount but i dont have the other mounting piece the clamps to the front of the carrying handle and the hole of the mount. Where can i get what i need to make it more solid.

I dont want to put a flat top upper on and i dont want to shell the money for a nice free flaoting rail yet.

2012-10-20_21-43-11_857.jpg

2012-10-20_21-43-20_500.jpg

Thanks guys

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    What you have there is what it takes to get a scope on an A1/A2.
    The alternative mount places the scope a lot higher above the bore.

That gun was made to shoot the irons and you should do that.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Zip-tie? Or maybe a heavy gauge wire?

Or switch to a mount that puts the optic on top the handle and add a cheek riser.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Third option is KAC RAS. 90 bucks for a factory seconds rail that will be designed for your weapon and is a no Gunsmithing mod.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just stay away from NCStar, Leapers and UTG.

^This.

You'll make Chad cry by putting a UTG rail on a Colt upper that he's worked one. ;)

Honestly though, it's cheap enough to build another upper for the optic. I'd keep the Colt upper as it is, and just build a flat-top up. I know that probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to some people, but in the gun world, logic doesn't always seem to apply.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Where can i get the kac ras seconds at? I wouldnt need the rail covers or broomstick. Ive already got some of those.

Gun shows are best. I picked mine up in Lancaster back in the spring. Got the M4 rail with the full kit (covers and grip) for $110 from a mil-surp guy. It was filthy and had a few nicks in it, but cleaned up nicely.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    OP, that looks to me like an Aimpoint carry handle mount with a hole drilled through it after the fact. If so, that hole is not used to secure the mount. You just use the one thumb screw. Did you buy it used?
    716404.jpg

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Before I went with a freefloat handguard with my fixed carry handle Colt 6450, I used a cowitness cantilever mount for my EOTech. I found that it was pretty solid, rested on the handguard, and allowed the use of irons. Much closer to the bore than mounting on the carry handle and lower than the one you are using. In someways I liked it better than the direct mount on the handguard.

Here's an example of the lower style: http://www.eotech-inc.com/lawe_mountingoptions.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom