• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Interesting, Everything from my and friends experience(including my initial denial) showed that they were looking for at least plain TS, and did not know really know what anything else was besides S or TS. I haven't heard they wanted SCI as well. Can you go into any more detail about where in the process MSP did not like TS? Not trying to contradict, just

Sorry, don't have anymore details at this time. Do have another friend (not on this forum) using this process. When he hears something I'll post the results.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This thread contains a letter from MSP explaining how to show cause by having your security manager verify clearance.
    Plain TS won't fly, but with SCI or SAP caveats should suffice. I do know of one person at APG that used this and received his permit.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210921&highlight=security+verification

edit: Please note that this applies only to ACTIVE clearances, not those of us that no longer work for the Govt or a contractor.

You do realize that by revealing your level of clearance/compartment status, the security officer has committed a reportable security infraction.

ADD: If it was me, I'd leave the OPM breach info in your application. If it disappears on appeal you can absolutely ROAST MSP. Once again, YMMV. Be prepared for anything to happen.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    You do realize that by revealing your level of clearance/compartment status, the security officer has committed a reportable security infraction.

ADD: If it was me, I'd leave the OPM breach info in your application. If it disappears on appeal you can absolutely ROAST MSP. Once again, YMMV. Be prepared for anything to happen.

You are allowed to list TS/SCI on your resume if you have it. That is deemed acceptable by security review. Any more detail is prohibited. I agree with the above, leave OPM IN your application.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

Actually, this is not exactly true. I spent over 30 years working in Intel and Personnel Security. A security officer/FSO CAN provide this information to any govt official requiring verification. That includes state/county/local law enforcement. Verification must be for a valid purpose. What the SO/FSO cannot do is provide the JPAS/JCAVS printout as proof. That is what has been prohibited and protected as FOUO. That printout contains data not contained in the MSP letter.

All that said, should someone be cavalier about bragging on their clearance? Hell no! But that fact I had a clearance and was cleared to multiple compartments was not and still is not a secret by any definition.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    This is what gets me. My FSO would never give out my clearance level to someone calling themselves a cop over the phone, and they wouldn't put it on a letter either. It sounds like a scam in and of itself.

I think I'm SOL regardless, my FSO (female, DC resident, you get the picture) freaked out once when someone tried to use their concealed carry permit for a second form of identification. :rolleyes:

I used my FLA permit once as a secondary picture ID (forgot my passport) to gain entry to the Pentagon. The guard just said, you aren't carrying are you. I said no and proceeded to my destination.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Just wanted to update everyone on my permit process thus far.

I went to my informal review where 1SG sustained the denial back in July. I immediately reacted asking for a HPRB hearing (formal hearing) which I complete this past tuesday (OCT 3). The Board saw fit that I indeed had G&S and overturned the MDSP to issue an unrestricted permit. G&S can be found below. Thanks.

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Actually, this is not exactly true. I spent over 30 years working in Intel and Personnel Security. A security officer/FSO CAN provide this information to any govt official requiring verification. That includes state/county/local law enforcement. Verification must be for a valid purpose. What the SO/FSO cannot do is provide the JPAS/JCAVS printout as proof. That is what has been prohibited and protected as FOUO. That printout contains data not contained in the MSP letter.

All that said, should someone be cavalier about bragging on their clearance? Hell no! But that fact I had a clearance and was cleared to multiple compartments was not and still is not a secret by any definition.

Thank you for setting the record straight. :thumbsup:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Just wanted to update everyone on my permit process thus far.

I went to my informal review where 1SG sustained the denial back in July. I immediately reacted asking for a HPRB hearing (formal hearing) which I complete this past tuesday (OCT 3). The Board saw fit that I indeed had G&S and overturned the MDSP to issue an unrestricted permit. G&S can be found below. Thanks.

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

Congrats! I wonder if going forward MSP learned their lesson and will update their SOPs? I feel they take pride in slow walking us commoners to the HPRB...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    After the CIA shootings all NSA employees were allowed to carry firearms in their cars. I don't personally know how long that policy lasted. As I remember when I was there the DOD and base commander's regs stopped at the fence line of all NSA buildings.
    Nope, most definitely a prohibited item and has been for at least the last 34.5 years.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom