• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    One of my grown daughters lives in Sterling, VA, and told me today that they visited Peacemaker in WV and were impressed. They're looking for an outdoor range for target practice, gotta be cheaper than the nearby indoor ranges.

What's the current scoop on the facilities and organization these days. All the other threads here appear to be sort of crusty with age.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    One of my grown daughters lives in Sterling, VA, and told me today that they visited Peacemaker in WV and were impressed. They're looking for an outdoor range for target practice, gotta be cheaper than the nearby indoor ranges.

What's the current scoop on the facilities and organization these days. All the other threads here appear to be sort of crusty with age.
    Awesome facility.
    Paying @4g64loser

PNTC/Peacemaker is downright incredible. Mighty far drive for me to be a member, but I would happily join if I was <1hr away.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just keep them/her away from 4g64loser.

Okay, I kid.
    'loser' teaches some good courses including FoF, Home defense, and white light. He is also an accomplished long range shooter/instructor.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it's the best range within a 3 hour radius of dc/md/va. a bunch of pretty large tactical bays. two ranges that reach out to 600 - 1k+. shotgun stuff if you like that.

but with the owner selling to a security company a few years back and them really downsizing the scope and qty of their various matches, i haven't been there much if any in the past couple years.

access to the bays and 1k+ ranges aren't 100% so just be sure to ask them about any limitations so you're clear on what you can use and when.

ten minutes further west is shadow hawk. much smaller scale but i believe they rent out some of their tactical bays and couldn't be nicer people. they host a variety of matches (uspsa, 2 gun, etc) also.

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    I am a member and try to get there at least twice a month. Great facility. Just redid my qual to shoot the 500 and longer ranges. First Saturday Frontier day where you shoot out to 1,000 yards is worth the price of admission. Have taken both the home defense and white light courses, which are a blast. it's about a 90 minute drive each way for me, but worth it. There is a big season opening next week and all ranges will be open. Check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PeacemakerNational/. Have found the staff and members/guest to be friendly and accessible.

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    I now live in the Martinsburg area. Next weekend I intend to make it out there to shoot. Memberships costs are reasonable.

Shadow Defense is nice too. Good people and some sort of event every weekend. I plan to shoot steel challenge there. That said you need an appointment so they can have a RSO available.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There were a few times it was almost a MDS meetup on the 1k frontier range.
    But like SG said, it’s a haul!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

There's a lot to do at pntc. The current operations director is more engaged on the competition side. Was an Olympic small bore shooter. One of the ladies who works there started a women's group. Pm me if your daughter wants her direct contact info. Carry focused stuff mostly.

if your daughter has specific questions id be glad to answer them if i can.
    Just keep them/her away from 4g64loser.

Okay, I kid.
    'loser' teaches some good courses including FoF, Home defense, and white light. He is also an accomplished long range shooter/instructor.
    gee thanks. Just cuz minioutrider thinks i am nuts....

I appreciate the kind words. I have some blood blisters from some work on Saturday. Had a team in for some fun and games. I bled. They bled. Good times. A lot of work on fire discipline.
    it's the best range within a 3 hour radius of dc/md/va. a bunch of pretty large tactical bays. two ranges that reach out to 600 - 1k+. shotgun stuff if you like that.

but with the owner selling to a security company a few years back and them really downsizing the scope and qty of their various matches, i haven't been there much if any in the past couple years.

access to the bays and 1k+ ranges aren't 100% so just be sure to ask them about any limitations so you're clear on what you can use and when.

ten minutes further west is shadow hawk. much smaller scale but i believe they rent out some of their tactical bays and couldn't be nicer people. they host a variety of matches (uspsa, 2 gun, etc) also.
    2gun is back. Long time no see davsco. Jj, Matt, and some of the guys who shoot there and shadow hawk were there for the kickoff.

20240323_151616.jpg
    20240323_150620.jpg

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I am a member there. The place has been a complete mess since the new owners took over. The rules change suddenly and without warning (and sometimes they don't even tell the RSOs). Certain ranges will also close for days/weeks at a time with no announcement. That's really frustrating after driving 2 hours each way...

The RSOs have mostly all been great, but the main office employees have a lower IQ and work ethic than most fast food workers. They sit on their butts all day and talk shit with each other about how great they are at shooting. But they can't even be bothered to figure out basic electronic communications like e-mail or facebook, or figure out how to track membership info and member qualifications. (If you ever lose your badge you are ****** because they have no records.)

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I am a member there. The place has been a complete mess since the new owners took over. The rules change suddenly and without warning (and sometimes they don't even tell the RSOs). Certain ranges will also close for days/weeks at a time with no announcement. That's really frustrating after driving 2 hours each way...

The RSOs have mostly all been great, but the main office employees have a lower IQ and work ethic than most fast food workers. They sit on their butts all day and talk shit with each other about how great they are at shooting. But they can't even be bothered to figure out basic electronic communications like e-mail or facebook, or figure out how to track membership info and member qualifications. (If you ever lose your badge you are ****** because they have no records.)
    That's disappointing. Would you not recommend it anymore? I live nearby in wv now and don't currently have a place to shoot so I was thinking about looking into it. Any other good outdoor ranges in the area?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I would only recommend it if you are interested in shooting out to 1000y since there isn't anywhere else nearby to get past 600y.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There's a lot to do at pntc. The current operations director is more engaged on the competition side. Was an Olympic small bore shooter. One of the ladies who works there started a women's group. Pm me if your daughter wants her direct contact info. Carry focused stuff mostly.

if your daughter has specific questions id be glad to answer them if i can.

gee thanks. Just cuz minioutrider thinks i am nuts....

I appreciate the kind words. I have some blood blisters from some work on Saturday. Had a team in for some fun and games. I bled. They bled. Good times. A lot of work on fire discipline.

2gun is back. Long time no see davsco. Jj, Matt, and some of the guys who shoot there and shadow hawk were there for the kickoff.

View attachment 463358 View attachment 463359

2 gun or 2 gun teams are back?
    Either way I need to get out there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@4g64loser is a great asset for someone learning the finer nuances of shooting. That being said, if she is a female of reproductive age and not under direct supervision, he would be one to be concerned about.
    Last year I was at a bar, in drag, with @DaemonAssassin and we were approached by 4g64loser. I thought DaemonAssassin's redneck protective demeanor would have kept him away, but 4g64loser was deadset on that "Hot ass 6'4" chick".
    I don't want to talk about the rest of the night.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    @4g64loser is a great asset for someone learning the finer nuances of shooting. That being said, if she is a female of reproductive age and not under direct supervision, he would be one to be concerned about.
    Last year I was at a bar, in drag, with @DaemonAssassin and we were approached by 4g64loser. I thought DaemonAssassin's redneck protective demeanor would have kept him away, but 4g64loser was deadset on that "Hot ass 6'4" chick".
    I thought we agreed to not talk about that night. I saw things that not even eye bleach can remove.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's disappointing. Would you not recommend it anymore? I live nearby in wv now and don't currently have a place to shoot so I was thinking about looking into it. Any other good outdoor ranges in the area?
    Where abouts are you in WV? You can PM me the answer if you wish. I may have a possibility for you.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I thought we agreed to not talk about that night. I saw things that not even eye bleach can remove.
    SG/DA I distinctly remember the grin on your faces when 4g64loder said he liked large queens that walk with a limp. Don't deny it. The video will remain private, until the payments stop.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    2 gun or 2 gun teams are back?
    Either way I need to get out there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2gun (shooting as individual) is back. The 27 April match is half full last time I checked practiscore when I was there. Biggest change is that tac scope now allows slide mounted red.dots on pistols. No comps or brakes (open allows them, as it ever was). Still go out to 400 to 500, depending on which area gets used. Oh, and no shoots are a 60 second penalty.....

The team event is a LOT of logistics. Id love to do another one as it was a great time and i.had a blast running it. If there's demand and the first few individuals go ok, I will have leverage to pitch a team event.
    Hey, I've climbed me some mountains before. Figured one more would be fine. And DA sold you out cheap (two shots of Patron, for anyone interested in current market pricing).
    I told you if you had a weak stomach to.set up my shooting tripod with the camera on it and go sit outside the motel room. You just had to stay and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom