• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Any way.............. I think the 6.8 has merrit but I find the 30 cal does have more options.

The last batch I loaded up was 220 gr seirra match sub sonics
    I think the next batch will be 180 gr pushing a little faster.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Any way.............. I think the 6.8 has merrit but I find the 30 cal does have more options.

The last batch I loaded up was 220 gr seirra match sub sonics
    I think the next batch will be 180 gr pushing a little faster.

Youll shoot yer aye out.

BTW, Lord Wes. That post you made I have come back to multiple times and it cracks me up everytime. WIN!

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think the 6.8 has merrit but I find the 30 cal does have more options.

That's one thing I've noticed, the 6.8 using .277" bullets, there doesn't seem to be as much variety in selection as the .30 cal offerings.

Just looking at a reloading supply magazine, here's the options that I'm seeing.

.264" (6.5) - 90gr to 160gr is the range I'm finding.

.277" (6.8) - 85gr to 150gr, seems the 85gr and 110gr to be the norm for 6.8SPC.

.308" (300BLK) - 110gr to 240gr, published data only covers a handful of bullets so far - but experimentation leads to more load data.

(I can be serious when I have to be.)

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Good discussion here.. don't get me wrong, the 6.8 is an outstanding round that would serve many different users very well in a variety of roles and situations.

I don't see any issue using a semi-auto to hunt. If it is flatter-shooting round with better first-shot lethality, it may actually be a better choice. As with any firearm issue, it is the person behind the trigger who is ultimately responsible for its correct, safe, and ethical use.

rml33

May 14, 2011
    Edgewater
    Tula will be producing 6.8 in 2013. That should make the rounds cheaper. Initial price per box in the10-11 range. Another middle eastern country is in the works to have the 6.8 , possibly the Saudis. It's the Jordanian militaries round of choice. LWRC is in the process of dedicated lower to take a thicker version of the pmag. Hog hunting isn't going away . The 6.8 might make it after all.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Tula will be producing 6.8 in 2013. That should make the rounds cheaper. Initial price per box in the10-11 range. Another middle eastern country is in the works to have the 6.8 , possibly the Saudis. It's the Jordanian militaries round of choice. LWRC is in the process of dedicated lower to take a thicker version of the pmag. Hog hunting isn't going away . The 6.8 might make it after all.
    :thumbsup::party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom