• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    I called my local gun shop and they have a Remington R1 1911 stainless in stock for $639.00. I am highly interested in this and have a nice set of original plastic 1911a1 grips that would really make this thing look cool(to me anyway). Just looking for some opinions and insight if anyone on here has owned or owns one and how well they shoot along with reliability and function?? Thanks.

Attachments

• remington r1.jpg
      remington r1.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 461
    • P1000616.jpg
      P1000616.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 483

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Going to drop $25.00 on this R1 Stainless tonight after work. I wanted a Ruger 8 mos ago and left it slip away. Not this one.:D

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Thanks moose. I am off to check it out tonight. I will let you know if I moved to the purchase process or not. I am hoping it is nice. I wanted a Colt series 70 repro. but my local gun shop can not get them. He is a kimber dealer.:sad20:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    we have sold alot of these and everyone is very happy with them! I had a chance to run a couple of mags thru one at free state(thanks Rob) gun shot well ran factory pmc and Robs semi-wad cutters great!
    seems like a good 1911 to me

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :sad20:Not a fan of the remington r1 1911's. After having one in my hands, the quality of the metal sucks. Remington is slipping. I don't think I will own anymore past my trusty 870 special purpose. I was disappointed. For the price it was not even close to a kimber custom II quality.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :sad20:Not a fan of the remington r1 1911's. After having one in my hands, the quality of the metal sucks. Remington is slipping. I don't think I will own anymore past my trusty 870 special purpose. I was disappointed. For the price it was not even close to a kimber custom II quality.

What was wrong? Kimbers are full of flaws that most people dont recognize. What are you comparing, was it NIB, or was it hacked up by someone and dumped at a shop? Personally, I would prefer to own 1 R1 instead of 2 Kimbers.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Hmmm must be a love hate kind of thing. I have 2 R1's, an enhanced and two tone limited edition. I really like them and very happy with them.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    What was wrong? Kimbers are full of flaws that most people dont recognize. What are you comparing, was it NIB, or was it hacked up by someone and dumped at a shop? Personally, I would prefer to own 1 R1 instead of 2 Kimbers.

We have had these discussions before regarding the quality of Kimbers many times. But I can tell you from experience since I have Several Kimbers, and a new one on the way, and a Remmy R1. I had 3 R1's, 1 standard, which I got rid of. Another standard Black model which wasn't bad that I traded to a fellow member here, and I still have the enhanced. The first one was such a piece of crap, I got rid of it as soon as I returned from the range. It had a little play in the slide from day one. Then after about 200 rounds, it felt real sloppy. Not to mention it was about as accurate as a water balloon dropped off the Trade Center. I will say again, I have Never had issues with any of my Kimbers. Granted, my Les Blows All of them Away. But for the price, I still like, my Kimbers.:thumbsup:

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    No reason to get worked up Chad.:D I like the Kimber Custom II I own a little more because the metal feels better. The weight of the Kimber feels quality. That is why i like the Kimber over the Remington and Colts over both of those brands.:thumbsup:

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I have heard that a few have had problems with scoring the slide on the inside of the frame mainly on the right side of frame, caused from burs that were not filed of during manufacturing. I have not seen this person so do not no how true it is. Clandestine may be able to verify this.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    OP:

I have one, not the stainless but the Talo version. Its a good shooter. I really like it. Looks like a good price as well.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I own the black model and I'm very pleased. I haven't experinced any problems. I had maybe 2 FTF(eed) out of 500rds with handloaded 200gn LSWCs. This gun will make 1 hole at 15yds and probly close to it at 25 in the right hands. Obviously I can't comment on the SS finish. The black finish isn't flawless but isn't terrible either. And for the price the OP listed I would jump on that.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Yes..:D Help me I'm in the closet and I can't get out. Quick some one tell my wife of 21 years and my kids.

Proves nothing. My first wife's best friend's dad was married about that long and had two kids. He "came out" when we were in senior high.

Even so, I'm not at all convinced you're gay, or even latent. It's just that you set yourself up for abuse by being all sensitive about it.

As a general observation, I think you might find good use for thicker skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom