• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Just got a Glock 26, already have a nice Galco Miami Classic...considering either a Nemesis pocket holster or maybe a Don Hume.....any thoughts? Looking for a secondary carry method for hot summer days when the shoulder rig may be too much.....thanks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    check out Remora holsters. I don't have one but they seem popular for pocket carry and add some safety to your rig

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I had an uncle who used pocket carry, shot himself in the leg trying to draw. But then again, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Heard that, i would never just throw a gun in there....thats scary. The Remora does look interesting, kinda grabs the pant/body to hold in place....another cool idea is from Guru Holsters.....more like a holster/wallet with a flat outer panel to help hide the print...maybe rather large tho for a G26.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I wouldn't pocket carry any Glock, especially not my 26. Try a Crossbreed supertuck. I carry my 19 or 26 in the summer heat in Florida with just a tshirt and shorts and it's comfortable. Pocket carry might be OK for a small revolver, but with the Glock trigger if it gets snagged on something you'll shoot your junk off.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I just got a nemesis holster for my bodyguard about two weeks ago. It took about 3 days to break it in but works great. It has a rubbery sponge like material beaded on the outside that helps it stick to the inside of your pocket when you draw. The only real draw back I found so far is that it doesn't fit in my jeans pocket. Hope that helps.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The Glock 26 being a double stack mag gun is to thick for pocket carry in my opinion. An IWB holster may be a better alternative. Make sure you have a good sturdy belt for the holster to hang on.

I personally carry a Glock 23 in a Supertuck clone.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Find a single-stack pocket pistol in 9mm if you want to pocket carry. That's what I did, it's a lot easier dropping my small pistol in a pocket holster and putting that in my pocket versus dicking around with an IWB holster.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I've got a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster for my S&W Bodyguard. Conceals well because of the outside flap, is sticky so it doesn't come out with the gun or move around in the pocket and is very comfortable unless you are into snug-fitting pants (I'm guessing... I'm all about roomy pants anymore!) :)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Find a single-stack pocket pistol in 9mm if you want to pocket carry. That's what I did, it's a lot easier dropping my small pistol in a pocket holster and putting that in my pocket versus dicking around with an IWB holster.

Personally for pocket carry I went to the .380. I carry a Ruger LCP in a Desantis Nemesis in my right front jeans pocket. While .380 may not be a perfect defensive cartridge it is better than the uncomfortable gun left at home.

I switch between my Glock and the Ruger depending on my clothing options.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I carry a Sig P226 IWB. It is a big and heavy gun bit it does not bother me. I even managed to carry it like that on a 10+ mile hike while using a rucksack.

If I had a pocket back up gun it would probably be the only time I ever carried without one in the chamber.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I pocket carry quite a lot. I've carried both a S&W 642 and a Bodyguard .380

I much prefer carrying the Airweight in the pocket as I can get a much better report on the grip and have a confident draw.

I am a holster snob, quite frankly, but my pocket holster is a cheap ebay leather holster and it works great. IMO get one with the hook on the holster so it stays in the pocket rather than coming out with the gun.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Personally for pocket carry I went to the .380. ... While .380 may not be a perfect defensive cartridge it is better than the uncomfortable gun left at home.

:thumbsup: I've tried IWB with several pistols and nothing comes close to the comfort of my BodyGuard in the DeSantis in my right front pocket.

If I had a pocket back up gun it would probably be the only time I ever carried without one in the chamber.

The nice thing about the BodyGuard (and others) is that it is DAO so carrying one in the chamber does not bother me. It seems to me that a pocket-carried gun in a holster that does not give ready access to the trigger until it's pulled from the holster makes it very difficult to have an ND... the trigger pull is too long. Just my opinion and a bunch of different types of attempts to get an empty BG to ND with the DeSantis in my pocket. That's not to say it's impossible, just unlikely IMO.

Mr H

Unindicted Co-Conspirator
    :D

IMO this may vary by body type.

While I can IWB a larger item (ok, I'm 'girthy':D ), I do not have overly thick legs, and can only pocket a .380 without fear of printing.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Milt Sparks Summer Special is the macdaddy of all IWB holster.

My 2nd go to rig is a Galco Yaqui Slide, just simplicity in its' most beautiful form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom