• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ugh. I'm in District 13 - seems all three, Guzzone, Turner, Pendergrass, ran unopposed as did Robey. Really, no one else to run against them - no one?

I'm wondering if someone stepped in as a DINO on the primary ticket, how many votes that person would get. The untested waters of Howard County District 13 need to know...

EDIT: Several Repubs ran in the primary. All three Dems got over 7,000 votes each. We would need at least that many DINOs in District 13. Does anyone think we can convince over 7000 people to switch to Democrat just to unseat on these people - ___IF___ someone else ran on the Democrat ticket.

I'm afraid Howard is lost into the black hole of liberal hell...

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    The only problem with this is that you're all talking it up. If you think the Anti-constitution folks aren't looking here, well, that's a bit naieve.

Any of the Incumbent Dems they want to keep, they'll just make sure run unopposed.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Ugh. I'm in District 13 - seems all three, Guzzone, Turner, Pendergrass, ran unopposed as did Robey. Really, no one else to run against them - no one?

I'm wondering if someone stepped in as a DINO on the primary ticket, how many votes that person would get. The untested waters of Howard County District 13 need to know...

EDIT: Several Repubs ran in the primary. All three Dems got over 7,000 votes each. We would need at least that many DINOs in District 13. Does anyone think we can convince over 7000 people to switch to Democrat just to unseat on these people - ___IF___ someone else ran on the Democrat ticket.

I'm in 13 as well. My sole mission in life is to get rid of Turner. We've got to find someone to take that seat.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Same here! Converted, got my card confirming my new party affiliation and then puked up blood a few weeks ago. Still, can't wait for this coming election.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm in 13 as well. My sole mission in life is to get rid of Turner. We've got to find someone to take that seat.

Pendergrass and Turner both were elected in 1995 - there MUST be something on them - like the electric deregulation, gas tax, that will get liberals up in arms. After all, they are supposed to pay taxes also.

Guzzone is the newest member, elected in 2007.

Perhaps the development of Maple Lawn will get people fired up - if we can tie that to one of these three... What's happening in Laurel these days?

(see http://mdwontforget.com/legrecord.php)

Dec 31, 2012
    The only problem with this is that you're all talking it up. If you think the Anti-constitution folks aren't looking here, well, that's a bit naieve.

Any of the Incumbent Dems they want to keep, they'll just make sure run unopposed.

The last time I checked there was no law that would guarantee them to run unopposed.
    We just need people to step up and file to run against them.
    Stir the pot by tipping even a few seats and many of the others will have to look over their shoulders.

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    I'm in! Galen Clagett is in my district and I want him out! I'm also thinking about putting my name on the ballot as well!

Also this POS is running for Mayor of Frederick. We need to smack him down in the primarys for that as well.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

The Democratic Party is prohibited from getting involved by federal law, until the Primary election is over.

You can oust the incumbant in the Primary, then fight a Republican in the general (win-win)

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Run for office then! PM me and I'll send you $50 for candidate filing fee so you have nothing to lose.

Ok, lets say I was game for this idea. I live in the 9th district witch has Kittleman, Bates and W. Miller. I am not sure the rules for running in an another district, but so far havent seen anything that says I can't. I know nothing about campaing finanace, nothing about staff, nothing about donations....so esentially nothing.

If there is a group that is going to run, and we all have a good plan, I am game for trying to unseat Pendergrass, Bobo, Robey or Guzzone. Never liked any of them anyway :)

Mark

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Ok, lets say I was game for this idea. I live in the 9th district witch has Kittleman, Bates and W. Miller. I am not sure the rules for running in an another district, but so far havent seen anything that says I can't. I know nothing about campaing finanace, nothing about staff, nothing about donations....so esentially nothing.

If there is a group that is going to run, and we all have a good plan, I am game for trying to unseat Pendergrass, Bobo, Robey or Guzzone. Never liked any of them anyway :)

Mark

You will need to reside in the district that you are running for a period of 6 months to a year (depending on which office).

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Fine don't tempt me. Im already in trouble with wife telling I just want to move to VA.

How hard is it to run? Yes, I am in Howard county. Ive owned my house for 10 years. Residency not an issue.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If you are thinking of running, please PM me. While I am only a part-time lawyer, I am 100% committed to this cause and I will help in any way I can.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Ok I need 12 bottles of anti-bacterial sanitizer, a blazing hot shower and 2 priests. I just switched to DEM. :rolleyes:

Feel dirty ....so dirty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom