• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    We have had a couple of cancellations for the match on April 18. If your interested in shooting with us please send your entry fee and contact info asap. Hope to see you at the range.

Steve B.

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Yes, sidearms will still be required, also bring 100 rounds of pistol ammo. I got a little trigger happy with some of the pistol stages and the original count won't be enough. Anyone registered should have gotten an email about this, just making sure everyone is prepared.

The website was recently redone and some of the info was deleted. Please mail your entry fee with contact info (email or phone #) to Steve Dukehart 308 Royer Rd. Westminster MD 21158. Match fee is $30. I think the rest of the web info is correct with the exception of the 100 rounds of pistol ammo now needed. Please ask if you have any other questions. Hope to see you all the range.

Steve B.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    One question, do you really do a run around the pond? After my cancer surgery I'm not really able to "run". I can hobble but I wouldn't call it running. I had an achilles transplant and a total ankle rebuild. It's healed and strong just not flexible enough to allow running.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Crap, dont have a pistol i can shoot the match with currently, hopefully i can get this .45 before the match.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Russ, in the several matches I've shot there, we've only had to do the pond once. Trouble is, you never know what the devious Steves might have lined up each time.

There will likely be some short sprints, maybe a belly crawl, bad positions, some timed events, stuff like that, to induce stress. If you find a stage that you feel that you cannot or should not do, talk to the match directors, I'm sure they can find an alternate problem for you to solve.

You would probably only be set upon by the masses if you happen to win. :thumbsup:

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Ed's description is spot on, there will be some short movements during the match but no lap around the pond this time. We'll save that till it warms up a bit more, maybe June or August. Maybe we'll swim a lap instead, that would be good on a hot day. So there you have it, thats the most info ever given about the course of fire prior to the match. Use it as you see fit.

Steve B.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Had a great time today, thank you very much to all those that put this match on!!
    100%! We had a great time again too! They always seem to do a great job at designing the course of fire to be challenging and interesting and it runs very smoothly. :party29:

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Good course of fire. I know all the Pohuski's had fun even though dad beat us. But I let him because it was his birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom