• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I think this is a set up. Ol’ wess knows his anti carry laws will get overturned, he also knows the judge will not remove schools from the sensitive places . Because of this he will be easily able to include school bus stop under the school sensitive place. This will prevent people from carrying because everyone has to go trough a school bus stop to go or leave their home. What is more dangerous is they are not marked so innocent people will be arrested for carrying a gun on school controlled areas and not even know it.
    The schools have zero authority on public roads, IIRC. The school systems only own the property/campus that the schools are on. A school bus stop is technically on private/public property where the students are standing and waiting. The school system only has authority within the confines of the school bus, nothing more.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The schools have zero authority on public roads, IIRC. The school systems only own the property/campus that the schools are on. A school bus stop is technically on private/public property where the students are standing and waiting. The school system only has authority within the confines of the school bus, nothing more.
    it wouldn’t take much for him to draft an ex. order giving school power over the bus stop.
    the bus stops are technically not on private property it is either public property or a easement that the state can take advantage of. if the child is fighting or doing something wrong at a bus stop and the drivers sees it and reports it to school the child will still be punished by the school for it. i forgot where but a few years ago some kids where playing with airsoft guns while waiting for the bus. when the bus came the kids put the toys on the ground and got on the bus. it was reported and the kids where expelled. there where numerous cases during remote learning where a teacher saw a “weapon” close to the child and they got in trouble. i am not a lawyer but if i recall the school board already has some power over bus stops

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    it wouldn’t take much for him to draft an ex. order giving school power over the bus stop.
    the bus stops are technically not on private property it is either public property or a easement that the state can take advantage of. if the child is fighting or doing something wrong at a bus stop and the drivers sees it and reports it to school the child will still be punished by the school for it. i forgot where but a few years ago some kids where playing with airsoft guns while waiting for the bus. when the bus came the kids put the toys on the ground and got on the bus. it was reported and the kids where expelled. there where numerous cases during remote learning where a teacher saw a “weapon” close to the child and they got in trouble. i am not a lawyer but if i recall the school board already has some power over bus stops
    The problem is that they can't claim the entire state road system under the GFSZA, just because there may or may not be a school bus stop on a road.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Have you been to Pioneer City in Severn ?? (or what ever they call it this week)
    I stay out of there…. Used to be the cops would only go in there with more than one marked car…. Usually a few ambulances / cop cars roll past my place on the way to Meade village and pioneer city more than a few times a week. Now that it is warming up I am sure the frequency will pick up.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wrong the constitution was made determinant based on exactly the concept of Natural, God given rights. The point of which is that in abstract those rights are above the state or the majority. So your only part right, yea if your in the minority and you go out of your way to antagonize the majority no surprise they may not respect your rights even if in the long run they protect the majority as well.

Yet the left has taken over every institution in American society as an aggressive and over bearing minority realizing that such can control the majority from the top down once you have seized the initiative and the those institutions.

So in the end your wrong and if the right is ever able to realize it can pretty much do the same if it has the will and determination to shove the left aside by turning the tables it might actually get to a point where it can restablish rights on the intended basis again.

Problem is it's too blinkered and suffering from coginative dissonance to realize our culture no longer works on an Enlightenment model. It would rather A) Hunker down like if their quiet enough the Indians will pass them by rather than slaughter them or B) pretend things are salvageable and you can put humpty dumpty back together again as if it was 1980 still.
    To paraphrase what you said. I am wrong, because rights exist even if you cannot exercise them.

So…unless God is going to start handing out enough lightning bolts that society recognizes God given rights or takes away free will…

So back to what I said. A right only exists if a sufficient enough amount of society exists that wants to allow it. Otherwise society will punish or restrict you until you cannot exercise said right. If you want to say they are disenfranchised rights rather than the rights don’t exist fine, but a rose by any other name. The practical effect is the same.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The problem is that they can't claim the entire state road system under the GFSZA, just because there may or may not be a school bus stop on a road.
    They won’t have to do the entire road, just spots where the bus stop is. So you can not go trough them. So in my case I live in a u shaped neighborhood. There are bus stops at both ends of the neighborhood, i would not be able to go to or leave my house legally with a fire arm.
    along the main road to get to my neighborhood there are like 5 bus stops along it so one would not be able to drive down that road, hell even on the highways there are bus stops, if they seriously put this into action it would end anyone from being able to carry anywhere or even take a gun hunting. This could be done very easily and lot of people would not catch on until too late and since it comes under school safety I doubt court would overturn it. md could drop the new laws to prevent a law suit, still have the carry laws in place but you just can’t carry any place Because of the locations and numbers of school bus stops in the state.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They won’t have to do the entire road, just spots where the bus stop is. So you can not go trough them. So in my case I live in a u shaped neighborhood. There are bus stops at both ends of the neighborhood, i would not be able to go to or leave my house legally with a fire arm.
    along the main road to get to my neighborhood there are like 5 bus stops along it so one would not be able to drive down that road, hell even on the highways there are bus stops, if they seriously put this into action it would end anyone from being able to carry anywhere or even take a gun hunting. This could be done very easily and lot of people would not catch on until too late and since it comes under school safety I doubt court would overturn it. md could drop the new laws to prevent a law suit, still have the carry laws in place but you just can’t carry any place Because of the locations and numbers of school bus stops in the state.

No way it would ever stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Take a look at the federal law. There are exemptions for firearms for carry and transport on roads.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Take a look at the federal law. There are exemptions for firearms for carry and transport on roads.
    the new anti gun laws he just signed goes against federal laws. There is no consensus for the state when they break federal law.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I remember when the mere strategy of advocating for Shall Issue was poo - poo'ed , because it was unrealistic , and would just piss off the other side , so it was best to not even go there .

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Why draw attention, what a BS protest, great press, thank u guys

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpeg
      IMG_0153.jpeg
      423.6 KB · Views: 68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Show me historical analog where you can not carry in a place unless they say you can
    There ARE historical analogs banning the possession of weapons in courts and legislatures going back to the founding days. That's going to be just about it though. You could probably hunt around to things not codified as law, but carried the weight at the time, such as restrictions on having weapons on a military post for non-soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom