• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    My daughter in Virginia would like to purchase some factory OEM S&W M&P 2.0 17-round magazines (S&W SKU: 194400000) to use with our new M&P 2.0 Metal. Can anyone tell me a good online source where she can buy these, preferably at a decent discount to list price?

(And yes, though a noobie I did first search on these Forums a couple of different ways and did not see any posts that had any helpful information.)

Thanks in advance,
    Al

Jul 1, 2012
    He used to be up here in MD until the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013 was passed...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It's probably because your CC address is in MD. This has happened to me even though they were being shipped to PA. Mags do not need to go to an FFL.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    It's probably because your CC address is in MD. This has happened to me even though they were being shipped to PA. Mags do not need to go to an FFL.
    Just an observation, but the OP stated that the purchaser was his daughter in VA. MD restrictions would not apply.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    My daughter in Virginia would like to purchase some factory OEM S&W M&P 2.0 17-round magazines (S&W SKU: 194400000) to use with our new M&P 2.0 Metal. Can anyone tell me a good online source where she can buy these, preferably at a decent discount to list price?

Thanks in advance,
    Al

True, but he made it seem like he was buying them. IDK
    Again, not trying to be argumentative, but seems evident that she is the purchaser, not th OP.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

(And yes, though a noobie I did first search on these Forums a couple of different ways and did not see any posts that had any helpful information.)

Thanks in advance,
    Al
    But everyone else just does an internet search to find most everything........

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Thanks to all who replied.

And yes, Docster, I did an Internet search beefore posting the question here, and did not get the best price that way the first time. It often depends on exactly what search keywords you use, and maybe even the order you enter them. And then there is the shipping cost, which I found amazingly high for the lowest price outlets.

But special thanks to jr88 for putting me on to lockedloaded.com, which showed me what price might be possible. I almost placed the order with them since they had the lowest unit price -- $27.63 -- of the ones I initially found. However, after seeing their super-high shipping cost - I seem to recall it was about $36 for 4 magazines - I did another internet search and found yet another low-price outlet - familyfirearms.com. Their unit price was actually a bit lower than lockedloaded -- $27.17 -- but the shipping was much lower, $20.96 for 4 magazines. Still high, but bottom line was about $15 lower. So my daughter ordered from them, with an effective price of about $32/magazine.

BTW, it seems that both those outlets mention FFLs up front (and even give specific FFL suggestions based on your mailing address) as you begin to enter any order, but in the end it only applies to firearms. My daughter questioned me about that on the phone as she was entering the order. I told her to continue the process and see what happened, and as you would expect they did not require shipping to an FFL.

Thanks again, everyone, for trying to help. Some day I hope I can return the favor to some of you.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Glad she got what she needed!

For future reference, to save time on finding lowest prices across CONUS in light speed, locate the SKU (or MPN) for whatever your seeking and enter that # (or terms) in the search box at gun.deals.com :

Family Firearms are a terrific outfit to do business with (no tax!)

Ive had nothing but shady tactics and negative experiences with locked and loaded (they’re actually bookmarked as LosersLockedLoaded in case I forget (“bait and switch” is one of their primary scheme)

Attachments

• 8F679C58-9C4F-4927-83E1-3475E04CDB73.png
      8F679C58-9C4F-4927-83E1-3475E04CDB73.png
      120.2 KB · Views: 31

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Went to Virginia Tuesday to get the four mags from my daughter. Family Firearms shipped them to her very quickly. As slsc98 said, they appear to be a nice outfit to do business with. I'll definitely keep them in my "rolodex" for future firearms needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom