• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Somewhat back on original topic , Kramer Leather makes a Women's Holster , with the offset and angle adjusted for women's hips .

When it was a prototype , Mrs Biggfoot tried it out at LFI , and highly approved . Until she was told it was Horsehide . Being a horselover , she felt compelled to take it off , and keep it away from her .

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    Somewhat back on original topic , Kramer Leather makes a Women's Holster , with the offset and angle adjusted for women's hips .

When it was a prototype , Mrs Biggfoot tried it out at LFI , and highly approved . Until she was told it was Horsehide . Being a horselover , she felt compelled to take it off , and keep it away from her .
    Are they local to Maryland? I will check it out.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Jeans and T Shirt/Sweater. Form fitting. Not baggy
    Yeah have no real choices. Bag/purse. Maybe belt holster and small vest over top.
    You're limited if you don't go baggy.
    Belly bands get hot and sweaty and you end up adjusting/playing with them all day. Also, the top and bottom of those bands roll over on top of themselves. They suck.
    Then people do the belly band at their waistline, but doing that, you might as well go inside the waistband with a holster.
    Women of all sizes I worked with (Air Marshals) wore shoulder holsters under dress blouses. But usually belt holsters under shirts. We carried large P229s.

Me personally, I'd go frumpy with another size up pant and inside the waistband which your shirts would really cover.
    Or
    Galco makes really really nice leather gun purses.
    I'd switch off between the 2.

Stay away from that stupid bra thing and those stupid thigh garter rigs.
    And don't fall into the category of people who think your draw needs to be lightning fast all the time. Stealthy draws have their place in technique.
    Wearing a belt holster a correct way, any shirt can usually hide them.

Unless you change your gun to match your way of dress, you need to dress in a way that matches your gun. It doesn't work both ways.
    Carrying now is your new lifestyle. You need to adapt.

You can PM me if you have any other questions.

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    Yeah have no real choices. Bag/purse. Maybe belt holster and small vest over top.
    Belly bands get hot and sweaty and you end up adjusting/playing with them all day. Also, the top and bottom of those bands roll over on top of themselves. They suck.
    Then people do the belly band at their waistline, but doing that, you might as well go inside the waistband with a holster.
    Women of all sizes I worked with (Air Marshals) wore shoulder holsters under dress blouses. But usually belt holsters under shirts. We carried large P229s.

Me personally, I'd go frumpy with another size up pant and inside the waistband which your shirts would really cover.
    Or

And don't fall into the category of people who think your draw needs to be lightning fast all the time. Stealthy draws have their place in technique.

Unless you change your gun to match your way of dress, you need to dress in a way that matches your gun. It doesn't work both ways.

Yeah I highly doubt I will ever use those Lingerie holsters Hahah
    I like the idea of a holster in the band of my jeans because I wear them pretty snug. I will wear a more loose fitting shirt to accommodate. I am not really a purse person and because of that, I have forgotten I have one with me before and left it sitting somewhere. Definitely not an option. I like the idea of it being on my person at all times if I am out.
    I am going to the range with one of my instructors today. I will talk to him about a holster. Thanks

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I wear IWB at 5, sometimes at 4 depending on daylight savings time. A Sig 365 has great capacity and small enough to disappear. If you’re ever in Baltimore happy to show you my Glock 43 setup. That’s not a pickup line....

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland

Or

Just checked out that website. Nice stuff :)

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    6 pages and still waiting on one of those "Ladies Room selfies" so we can all determine which holster is best for you...:innocent0

:D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah I highly doubt I will ever use those Lingerie holsters Hahah

I like the idea of a holster in the band of my jeans because I wear them pretty snug. I will wear a more loose fitting shirt to accommodate. I am not really a purse person and because of that, I have forgotten I have one with me before and left it sitting somewhere. Definitely not an option. I like the idea of it being on my person at all times if I am out.

I am going to the range with one of my instructors today. I will talk to him about a holster. Thanks
    Your best bet with that size pistol, is inside waistband at the 2 o'clock position.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I always default to Blasters carry advice, I'd bet he carried on the daily more than 99.9% of the people on the board.
    Well, I certainly learned how to conceal going into places most people don't carry.
    What was best for me with a larger pistol was leather holster on a belt. It slid forward and back over at about that 2 o'clock belt loop. Slid it back to about 3 when sitting down. And when getting up to stand, easily slid it forward. That's where the magic happens, in that front right quarter of the body. The natural body space under your chest down to your waist covers the pistol, and being forward in that quadrant, the pistol grip disappears forward of your hip bone.
    IWB with a smaller pistol, well there's a ton more leeway.
    This is why a forward (FBI or more) cant is important. You have to make the bottom of that grip fall within that centerline of your body from your hip bone, up to the armpit.
    Carrying legal in the states, some printing is really no big deal. No chance of an international incident

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    Well, I certainly learned how to conceal going into places most people don't carry.
    What was best for me with a larger pistol was leather holster on a belt. It slid forward and back over at about that 2 o'clock belt loop. Slid it back to about 3 when sitting down. And when getting up to stand, easily slid it forward. That's where the magic happens, in that front right quarter of the body. The natural body space under your chest down to your waist covers the pistol, and being forward in that quadrant, the pistol grip disappears forward of your hip bone.
    IWB with a smaller pistol, well there's a ton more leeway.
    This is why a forward (FBI or more) cant is important. You have to make the bottom of that grip fall within that centerline of your body from your hip bone, up to the armpit.
    Carrying legal in the states, some printing is really no big deal. No chance of an international incident
    Ahhh....Very helpful info! I am obviously very new at this so I appreciate that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom