• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Well said! Originally posted on Cast Bullets Forum copied and forwarded with permission of author, composed while the the search was ongoing. This is a fictional account intended to make people think.

ONE MILLION HELD HOSTAGE

So there I am sound asleep in my house, it’s 2:30 am and I wake to the phone ringing. I answer the phone knowing it can’t be good, it’s not. It seems as though a known killer is loose in my neighborhood. I am told I need to stay in my house and I am not to answer the door unless I know the person and or they are law enforcement. Being a law abiding citizen I comply.

I can’t help but think as I am now wide awake. The TV is on and I see the person they are saying is loose in my neighborhood has killed and wounded police officers in the last two hours. Obviously there is no regard for human life or the laws of this country by this individual. I am told to stay in my house with the door locked. I live in an area where second amendment rights are not honored, the politicians have made sure I can’t have a firearm in my home. My mind is wondering and I realize what a preposterous situation I am in. The elected officials saw fit take my second amendment rights away from me and now myself and one million of my closest friends are being held hostage by one person. We have no right to defend ourselves. It’s not a choice because our elected officials took that choice from us to protect us.

As I sit behind my locked door I can’t help but think of the absurd situation I find myself in. The officials tell me keep the door locked and I’ll be safe. I have no way to defend myself and the entire city is locked down so no one can go anywhere. Phone lines are jammed from all the calls coming and going into the area. I am smart enough to realize that a glass window or a door lock is not going to do much to stop a guy capable of setting bombs off to murder and maim innocent people. The type of person who ambushes and kills a Police Officer sitting in his car, and then has a running gun battle with multiple other law enforcement personnel is not stopping at a locked door. He or his accomplice wound several of those officers in the gun battle, his accomplice is killed and I am supposed to sit in my house with my door locked and imagine I am safe because some politician said so. I would imagine kicking in a locked door or breaking a window to gain access to a house to hide out in would not be the criminal line this guy would be afraid to cross. Somehow I don’t think he would even give it a second thought.

What do I do? Should I hide in the clothes hamper? Crawl under the bed? I don’t see that politician who took my right to defend myself and my family away sitting here helpless. I see them on TV surrounded by armed men because they don’t know where this guy is. They have armored cars and snipers deployed to protect them. What do I have? A door with a $29.00 lock and an 1/8” sheet of glass to protect me. The press is circling like vultures; they are calling every random number inside the perimeter to find out what it’s like. Funny they don’t find a single person who say’s I’m ok, my house is locked and I am armed in accordance with my second amendment rights. If I have to, I can defend my family and myself, I am vigilant and watching the news to stay current of developments around me. I hope this will be over soon.

This is not fiction, this is real. Do you really think your second amendment rights are not important? Do you think that the one million people held hostage today felt safe because the door was locked? I’ll bet a large portion of those people cowering in their homes wish they had the option to defend themselves. Most people will go through their entire lives and never be in a situation like the city of Boston just went through. Yesterday one million Boston residents didn’t give the thought of having to defend themselves in their own homes any consideration. I would imagine tonight they feel different and a lot less safe.

This guy is still out there after the largest manhunt in history in a confined area. He is desperate and more than capable of murder. He has eluded thousands of law enforcement officials, the politicians tell you just keep your doors locked and you will be ok. They wring their hands and talk about using the full extent of the law to track this guy down, he is still out there. They are surrounded by armed teams of law enforcement personnel while you are protected by that 1/8” sheet of glass. They are the ones telling the average citizen that they are not smart enough to defend themselves in their own homes. They are the ones who made sure one million residents could be held hostage for an entire day by one person. They have our best interests in mind when they pass laws to negate any ability to defend ones family or oneself.

Your Second Amendment rights were put in place for this very reason. There is no Amendment giving a Politian the right to leave you defenseless in your own home. This is not about emotions; this is the world we live in. You have a responsibility to your family and yourself and no one has the right to take that away.

GySgt Hennagir R.A. USMC (ret)

Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Exactly. Talk about haves and have nots... Wonder if anyone will be polling the Watertown region today on gun control.

*** Remind me again why people surrounded with protection tell us that We the People don't need protection ***

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Let this be a lesson to the weak minded in this country. People dead. Many more injured and these fools are dancing in the streets because law enforcement and the gov agencies that we rely on for protection finally find this animal. How does he evade police and hide for that period of time? People should be in the streets angry asking how this can happen. On top of that they should be askong why they cannot protect themselves since it is obvious that law enforcement is incapable of providing that security.

I am disgusted that anyone would call any part of what happened a success.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    This seems to me to be kinda B.S. You can certainly own firearms in MA. They have some kooky laws, sure, just like we do here, but to say that this guy is completely disarmed by law is patently false, unless he is a felon. I would hesitate to copy and paste elsewhere.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Let this be a lesson to the weak minded in this country. People dead. Many more injured and these fools are dancing in the streets because law enforcement and the gov agencies that we rely on for protection finally find this animal. How does he evade police and hide for that period of time? People should be in the streets angry asking how this can happen. On top of that they should be askong why they cannot protect themselves since it is obvious that law enforcement is incapable of providing that security.

I am disgusted that anyone would call any part of what happened a success.

Law enforcement and govt agencies did not find the guy according to the official storyline, it was an average citizen surveilling his property.

If you saw a blood trail leading to your boat with a guy on the run supposedly armed and dangerous in the immediate region, would you seriously climb a ladder and have a look?

Earlier in the day, they claimed to have the guy surrounded in a house engaged in gunfire. How did he slip through?

Maybe they hadn't done enough conditioning?

*** Remind me again why people surrounded with protection tell us that We the People don't need protection ***

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Law enforcement and govt agencies did not find the guy according to the official storyline, it was an average citizen surveilling his property.

If you saw a blood trail leading to your boat with a guy on the run supposedly armed and dangerous in the immediate region, would you seriously climb a ladder and have a look?

Earlier in the day, they claimed to have the guy surrounded in a house engaged in gunfire. How did he slip through?

Maybe they hadn't done enough conditioning?

Tell that to the idiots from the Boston PD claiming that they found him via a thermal camera mounted on a helicopter.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    This seems to me to be kinda B.S. You can certainly own firearms in MA. They have some kooky laws, sure, just like we do here, but to say that this guy is completely disarmed by law is patently false, unless he is a felon. I would hesitate to copy and paste elsewhere.

I hate to agree, but I think was fictional short story written to make a point. The original author's location is shown as Iowa on several forums.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I hate to agree, but I think was fictional short story written to make a point. The original author's location is shown as Iowa on several forums.

Pushing agendas...sound familiar? While im on board with THIS agenda (constitutional gun rights for everyone) I still hope it isnt fabricated.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was talking to wife about this last night. I was commenting on how I would be locked and loaded. Her response was YOU, all of us would be. There would backups at each door and strategically placed in the home.
    Then I got to wondering about Mass laws and if folks were allowed 2A rights. Think of the shit storm that would come down on MoM, Frosh and crew if these events were unfolding here. I don't know about Mass laws, but I can only assume they are not friendly.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The story is a fictional account that Gunny wrote to express the feelings of patriots who are loosing gun rights because of politicians. Mass. like MD makes it very difficult to legally get a gun in order to subjugate its people by discouraging gun ownership.

How many people in the Boston area decided the events of yesterday tipped the balance and have chosen to become responsible gun owners only to find all the rules and regulations that have been put in place to prevent that. How many Marylanders will find the same thing after October? The purpose of the story is to make people aware their rights are being stolen little by little. It is not intended for those who already own guns and are fighting for our rights but to awaken those who might want a gun in the future.

I posted it because I felt it was a well written piece that would make people think. If you don't like it hit the delete key. If you agree with me copy it and pass it along.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Call me crazy but this whole "lockdown" of Boston was just ridiculous. On any given day in Boston and any other big city, there are armed MEN (not scared kids) walking around looking to do harm. Yet people carry on with their lives and the city functions as cities do. How many people were killed in Chicago last night? Did they stop Amtrak service and divert flights?

I appreciate the work that LEO's do, but this whole situation seems surreal. In my opinion, the terrorists won. They shut down the city, and the Gov set a dangerous precedent with "bunker in place" and "we're searching your home whether you like it or not."

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    The story is a fictional account that Gunny wrote to express the feelings of patriots who are loosing gun rights because of politicians. Mass. like MD makes it very difficult to legally get a gun in order to subjugate its people by discouraging gun ownership.

How many people in the Boston area decided the events of yesterday tipped the balance and have chosen to become responsible gun owners only to find all the rules and regulations that have been put in place to prevent that. How many Marylanders will find the same thing after October? The purpose of the story is to make people aware their rights are being stolen little by little. It is not intended for those who already own guns and are fighting for our rights but to awaken those who might want a gun in the future.

I posted it because I felt it was a well written piece that would make people think. If you don't like it hit the delete key. If you agree with me copy it and pass it along.

Exactly. TO the guy complaining that guns can be purchased and owned in MASS...thank you CPT Obvious! Yes you can buy a gun in Mass but look at the hoops you have to jump through. Just like MD. I just moved here last year and I'm still shocked at how gun owners in this state have been beaten down. I moved from WA state-I thought it was a liberal cesspool. It's got nothing on MD. Back in WA with a CCP, I could walk into any gun store, throw down some cash and walk out with any pistol I wanted. Out here, I haven't even bothered to try to buy any guns because MD makes it beyond difficult right now. Imagine how it will be after Oct 1.

I'm honestly surprised that there are so many gun owners in this state and yet the government is what it is. I guess the gun grabbers must outnumber the gun owners tremendously.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    My question, maybe I'm off base here. Seemed like many were so quick to throw away liberty and ha swat teams going door to door.

Hypothetical, authorities come to your door, you answer armed and tell them no one else is here and they still insist and enter your home. At what point do you have the right to resist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom