• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    When SB281 comes into effect are there any issues with owning rifles that were bought as unregulated but were later converted to a regulated state? The firearm in questiion is a Saiga 7.62 that I bought and was later fully converted to pistol grip configuration.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    When SB281 comes into effect are there any issues with owning rifles that were bought as unregulated but were later converted to a regulated state? The firearm in questiion is a Saiga 7.62 that I bought and was later fully converted to pistol grip configuration.

Believe it or not, the pistol grip is not what makes it regulated. You purchased it before the ban, so you get to keep it... Forever or sell it out of state when you tire of it.

You are fine the way you are. You don't have to do anything unless you take it out of state and return with it later. In which case you might have to register it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    No more regulated, there will be 45 guns that are 'banned'. Today's bill says you are grandfathered if you already own it. But how do you prove you owned the gun before 1 October?

Also it's a very easy thing to next say: turn in all banned firearms.

I can imaging the referendum question now:
    Should'nt Maryland be free of all banned assault weapons and save the children?
    Vote: yes or no

So first they define any semi-auto rifle with two cosmetic features as an assault weapon, then they say these guns are banned. As an appeasement for now they let you keep them.

How is this not blatant infringement?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    This is complete infringement, but obviously the game is rigged and if we somehow get lucky and get this overturned, they will be back with their next attack on our rights. What I simply fail to understand is why they don't ban senseless violence, robbery, murder and other crimes?

I seriously have no real issue with sentence enhancements for use of a firearm in the commission of a crime of violence (although I am against mandatory minimums). Punish the crime, punish it with serious consequences, and stop trying to play the "preventative" game. Who told me we were safe because bomb making materials are regulated??? Ya, how's that working for you today?

The person who planted that bomb in Boston does not need to be charged with bomb-making! That person needs to be charged with Murder, Assault with a deadly weapon, Attempted Murder, Reckless Endangerment, etc. Who cares about the fact they used a bomb... meaningless. The fact is that they need to be captured and punished appropriately for very serious crimes.

Our government will insist that we endure random searches and other invasions of our privacy rather than dealing our justice as the answer. Watch. It's so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom