• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    was in the bidding for while ...looking at others to bid on, sad thing is with all of political stuff going on at present, certain once fired cases are going for crazy prices.. have located some others I may bid on.

-Rock

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    at this time some have expressed limits as to how much per round break down..some have set limits on the total bid dollar amount...I am still watching this and seeing where it goes. So...

-Rock

now at $8,350 @ 13:18 time
    $9,400 @ 16:20

also if there is enough interest to go after other auctions would be willing to bid, toss it around as mentioned if we
    can get enough people. suggestions???

Last edited:

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Over and done. Went for 11,000.00. Figure in the 10% and state tax, total bid would be around 12,760. Breaking this down, it works out to 12.10 per pound including scrap weight. Figure 15.00 per pound for the brass, bringing us to 20.8c per case. Why do we have to live so close to the Beltway and all the idiots residing there abouts?

Anniston, AL went for a total bid of 110,011.00. This breaks down to .093c per case, but a lot of upfront money. Of course neither of these two case prices reflects shipping to the final resting place.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but could it be govt shills driving it up to these high prices and then using our tax dollars to pay for it? Finally sending it to a shredder to be shredded and sent to china, so us poor right wing extremist can't reload it. Who knows?

Brass42ndspt

Feb 8, 2013
    Shocking!! Lot of interesting ways to look at ALL of today's auctions. I can tell you the one's I participated in had SEVERAL (>3) big buyers come in with less than 5 minutes and more than double the price. With shelves empty of loaded ammo, could be brass suppliers or manufacturers coming in and buying the cleanest ready to melt brass on the market. I don't think many of the 3k+ pound lots went to reloaders. Without bidding on the $20k plus lots, I could not see if the same bidder was sending 1 truck to pick up all lots. Next time I will bid all lots in the beginning so I can see if 1 bidder takes all lots per location. Most prices did equalize in price per pound in the last half hour, before the ending bids determining sale price. Some lot's were bid almost to reconditioned Brass prices....these will be the buyer remorse types soon.

Brass42ndspt

Feb 8, 2013
    I plan to bid on several of the very small lots (1000 lbs) on the last day, but don't expect the prices will be any less stupid than the last auction. You did notice they have gotten smart and broke most of the lots into small single pallet size. Even still, probably only worth a last minute bid. Would be nice to get a couple hundred pounds @ no more than .07c/piece, but probably headed for double that again.

Brass42ndspt

Feb 8, 2013
    Obiii,

Just re-read your comments from above about being close to the beltway...I placed bids on the Vandenberg AFB in CA brass as well as the Jolon CA Army brass and they climbed just as high as that PA sale. As you suggested, the Gov may be quietly buying and shredding. Most retailers are out completely and unless some start offering soon, we may find out that is just what has been happening this time around. Time will tell. :sad20:

jusaduffr

Jan 15, 2013
    Lancaster, PA

Looks like 6092717(645lbs) is up to 2.40/lb. The highest "per lb." of all the lots in all the states so far at 02:52.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    The original auction closed at $11K. The original weight was about 1050lbs @~70 cases per pound = ~73500 cases. Cleaned up and sold for $.20 a case, likely to double your investment at a minimum or more if you clean, sort and sell directly. Brass per pound as scrap is worth about ~$1.25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom