8. John81
    9. Dlongjr
    10. Patriot
    11. Bang
    12. GTOFRED
    13. TimG
    14. stu929
    15. Rpker

I am in....BUT I think Rockzilla (if he is the one doing the bidding) needs to set the ground rules for payment and how much each of us is responsible for prior to any money changing hands. I would hate to see him get jammed with a half a ton of brass and dunnage with no one to help him out. If you figure there is 15 of us and the bid goes for $3000 that's $200 a head If we split it evenly...

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I could be wrong but I think 3k is too high.

If we say there is 70k of brass 3500/7000 is 5cents per.

I know its hard to find brass right now but include picking it up sorting etc. I know current times are tough but I can still get it delivered to my door for 9cents a rd. I think we should be looking at 3-4 per rather than 5-6 per.

Maybe I'm cheap but I'm trying to look at it factoring in time gas dunnage etc.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I do have a question.
    My concern with this military brass it has pics and shows silver colored primers.
    I thought only reloaded ammo had silver primers.
    Maybe its a Military thing?

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    I do have a question.
    My concern with this military brass it has pics and shows silver colored primers.
    I thought only reloaded ammo had silver primers.
    Maybe its a Military thing?

Military brass comes with whatever color primer the contract is filled with. As a matter of fact MOST of the ammo I have ever purchased has silver primers so I'm kinda wondering where you got this one.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Its been more than 10 years since I have reloaded. But I was taught that factory primers were always brass colored, but some with different color sealers.
    All primers I have ever bought have been nickel color.
    All new cartridges I have purchased has had brass colored primers.
    When picking up un-known brass, it was easy to distinguish between reloaded and new.
    I don't want to reload someones previously reloaded brass as I do not know how many times or what pressures the case has been through.
    If I am incorrect, that's fine, I just want to be sure.

Last edited:

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Its been more than 10 years since I have reloaded. But I was taught that factory primers were always brass colored, but some with different color sealers.
    All primers I have ever bought have been nickel color.
    All new cartridges I have purchased has had brass colored primers.
    When picking up un-known brass, it was easy to distinguish between reloaded and new.
    I don't want to reload someones previously reloaded brass as I do not know how many times or what pressures the case has been through.
    If I am incorrect, that's fine, I just want to be sure.

Two boxes of factory ammo out of my hoard, both have nickel coated primers. I have seen brass primers in some range pick ups, I can't recall off the top of my head what brands they where though. For the record primer cups in general are made out of brass which is nickel coated....this could be where the truth of the information lies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 166

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    If its not too late. I'm in as well.

Don't forget to factor the cost of fuel to bring back all that brass. I didn't check location but depending what roads you'll need some toll money too.

Motowneer87

Dec 19, 2012
    If its not too late. I'm in as well.

Don't forget to factor the cost of fuel to bring back all that brass. I didn't check location but depending what roads you'll need some toll money too.

1. 50bmg
    2. Rock
    3. Jay_Jdub
    4. Tai1109
    5. tony b
    6. tttongli
    7 .atlasarmory
    8. John81
    9. Dlongjr
    10. Patriot
    11. Bang
    12. GTOFRED
    13. TimG
    14. stu929
    15. Rpker
    16. ibang1
    17. Motowneer87

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Rest easy... I will not bid crazy or over what it is of use to us. That you can be sure of.

-Rock

sent via: 5 Little Fingers & A Phone

Rock what did you find out about the end user form? Looks like the purchase has to stay until the form is approved. How many are going to be involved and what is the max bid? I may have a way to pick up if that hasn't been figured yet.

TimG

Aug 14, 2012
    To all in group buy. If the buy goes through, I will cover the pick up and delivery to a central location at my cost as a courtesy to Maryland Shooters. Truck and trailer ready! Skid loader if needed.

outlaw

Apr 29, 2012
    Ocean Pines
    gotta have an EUC document to bid on it. can't sell it. gotta use it. An End-user certificate, or EUC, is a document used in international transfers, including sales and arms provided as aid, of weapons and ammunition to certify that the buyer is the final recipient of the materials, and is not planning on transferring the materials to another party. EUCs are required by many governments to restrict the flow of the materials to undesired destinations, such as embargoed states or rebel groups, governments with bad human rights records or states which are considered a threat by the original supplier of the arms. There are several problems with EUCs as a means to prevent undesirable arms exports

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    ECU not required to bid.
    It is required after the bid is won. Sometimes GL incorrectly marks some things as requiring an ECU in error.
    This is classified as DEMIL Q.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    To all in group buy. If the buy goes through, I will cover the pick up and delivery to a central location at my cost as a courtesy to Maryland Shooters. Truck and trailer ready! Skid loader if needed.

thank you, but if you need help say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom