• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The piston has a negative effect on your trigger. Basically the pseudo fix for the nasty operating system of a di rifle effects the flux capacitor causing a rapid decrease in perfusion. Hence why the dynamics of the trigger dont work until the weapon is able to adequately reach a muzzle velocity of 880fps.

Damn, and here I thought it was because I didn't have it charged to 1.2 gigawatts, another lesson learned.

Beware the Libyans. :cool:

:lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nem is definitely on to something here, got to try out his prototype today. Wow, blew my mind, an AK with a damn close to AR trigger, slightly lighter than the Spike's in my dad's AR and felt nicer too.

AK guys, take notice.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Its true. Keep up to date on this guys...production run 1 may be on its way within a month tops. I will be hosting a demo within this time frame as well as making a few video demonstrations for those who cannot come to the demo. I will also be show some of the other custom work i can offer. Enough interest and who knows...i may open up the mad russian workshop :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'd like to compare it to my PSL's trigger ... I'd also like to see how much engagement there is on the safety

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I'd like to compare it to my PSL's trigger ... I'd also like to see how much engagement there is on the safety

That is the only issue with this mod...the saftey is blocked and cannot be used. That being said a custom saftey could be made to allow the use of it. This is however the only drawback and what you gain far outweigh this imho.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ruskie workshop(if brad and i work there itll be guarded with ar's haha)

Walk in to electronica and ak's everywhere lol i can see it now

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As long as he doesn't try to give us uniforms like the guys from 'Night at the Roxy', we'll be good to go... :lol2:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    lmao. john you're dead on with that one

no uniforms...other than maybe some ruskie hats

edit: if i start selling this i will probably sell the part by itself, and then a full kit with a tuned FCG, the part, and a modified safety.

the FCG and safety can either be bought from me, but it will be more expensive considering i would need to buy a FCG myself to do the modifications. to save yourself money i could take existing parts, sent to me, and hone/tune/polish them. as far as cost for this work, i am unsure at this point...however i will make it a point to be as reasonable as possible. im not looking to try and get rich.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So the trigger travel is less because it is already partly pulled (compared to an unaltered trigger) and the original safety can not be engaged ... wouldn't shortening the hook do the same thing (except you'd have to know what you were doing and why) and leave the safety?

Please excuse me if I'm wrong and don't understand what is going on ...

(I am not planning on doing either to my gun. Safety is #1 on my equipment)

Last edited:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    altering the hook wouldnt change where the trigger catches the hammer...but it can cause the hammer to miss the hook once the disconnector lets go on the reset.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    i understand what you're saying, i wish i could show you why it wouldnt work though.

from what i gather your idea is to shorten the hook(hammer catch) thus reducing the pull length, correct? (pause at :19)

this would work, for that single pull. however that hook needs to be that long so when you let go of the trigger to reset it (this action is where the trigger moves forward allowing the disconnector to release its hold on the hammer and drop it into the hook). if the hook is shorter there is a high chance that the hammer will miss this hook and fall back on the firing pin.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I understand that, what I don't understand is - how holding the trigger slightly back to reduce its travel - does not reduce the hook engagement in the same way?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I understand that, what I don't understand is - how holding the trigger slightly back to reduce its travel - does not reduce the hook engagement in the same way?

it would...that wouldnt be the problem with cutting the hook down. the problem comes in when the hook needs to re-engage the hammer again.

i see where you are confused though. take the dust cover off your AK and hold the trigger back, rack the action so that the disconnector is holding the hammer...now slowly release the trigger until the disconnector lets go of the hammer and the hook catches it...keep a good hold on the trigger.

notice where the hook catches the hammer, then as you release the trigger more the hook slides up the hammer to its final resting spot...its very low and close to the breaking point. shortening the hook can cause the hammer to miss the hook.

with my part the hook remains the same, so when the disconnector releases it the hook can still properly catch the hammer.

the trigger in my SGL21 is fully tuned at this point. when the trigger is released the hammer catches the hook right on the second stage.( its a arsenal 2 stage trigger)...if the hook was any shorter it would miss and cause an unintentional discharge of the firearm.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    catches the hook right on the second stage.( its a arsenal 2 stage trigger)...if the hook was any shorter it would miss and cause an unintentional discharge of the firearm.

No, I'm not confused at all ... as you say, the hook does not fully engage. There is no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom