• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I don't believe you can shoot shotguns either if I am not mistaken.

The only indoor range that I know you can shoot .223 is Gilberts in Rockville. I shoot mine up there all the time. The only down side is that since it is MoCo. you have to purchase your ammo there. No BYOA

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Intersting, I could shoot my AR15 that has a .22 Upper that I was able to fire it there but i can see that the .223 is out of the question !

Thanks guys ...and if you see a young man whos in his 30's with a pony tail there who is quiet like a mouse and keepts shooting without saying a word, its ME !

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Yeah, I gotta wear them anyway even I told them that I have never had any use for my ears since they dont "Function Properly" since Birth....

They said, "Yeah, I know but The rules says so"

So I'm following it but it's fun to feel the vibration instead of the noise ! thats why i love firing my glock 23 and feeling the others to fire their 9mm and .40.

What a Bang !

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Intersting, I could shoot my AR15 that has a .22 Upper that I was able to fire it there but i can see that the .223 is out of the question

I was reading an interesting article the other day about carbine length AR's and the balistics of the .223 round.

The article was describing how the .223 was never intended to be fired out of a 16 in. barrel. When the M16 was designed, it was noted that the 20 in. barrel supplied the most favorable balistics.

When firing the .223 from 16 in. the velocity of the round is decreased by about 200 fps. This greatly decreases the effectiveness of the round. It was stated that these bullets have about the same balistic impact as a 22 magnum round.

I just thought it was interesting how all of us yahoo's (myself included) are running around with our .223 carbines and it seems that there are much more effective rounds to be used with the AR platform.

That is why I am building my next AR in 6.8 SPC. Now if only I can find ammo for it (I think silver state is one of the few companies that is producing it).

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    thats why I`m building a 9mm AR for a "shorty"(carbine)....10.5" barrel :D

BTW after the "hit" for the SBR stamp, I`m going to save for a can & stamp

David N

Dec 7, 2011
    I shoot at On Target regularly and find them OK. I am still looking for an indoor range that allows the FN Five-seveN pistol, but for some reason, On Target will not.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I took my UZI there about two months ago when I didn't have the time to go out to AGC (On Target is only 15 min for me) and had fun, no issues (I bring all my own supplies). I shot there almost exclusively for several years until I got heavy into rifles and AGC made more sense, plus outdoor shooting is slot more fun.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I used to I've two from On Target and would go there two to three times a week. They have the best indoor range that I have been to in MD. A new ventilation system was put in about a year and a half ago and it really made a huge difference. An hour of shooting time will probably run you $20 assuming you bring your own targets and ammo. If you act like a smack yard they won't hesitate to pull you out, this happens alot on weekends when the idiots from Baltimore city come down to shoot.

The last few times I was in there to actually buy something the service has been absolutely horrible. The young sales clerks are usually gathered on the left side or near the office chatting and act like they are doing you a major favor by showing you a firearm or accessory from behind the counter. They used to be extremely attentive, I actually spoke to the manager about it a few weeks ago when I was in there.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I shoot at On Target regularly and find them OK. I am still looking for an indoor range that allows the FN Five-seveN pistol, but for some reason, On Target will not.

Friend had the same problem with his 5.7. You can shoot it at freestate, check the industry partners section for info.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    On Target is a great place to shoot. Been going there since the late 80s. Always clean and well-run. My only gripe is sometimes the target trolleys hang up...but they tell me they are replacing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom