• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    The range will be closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (March 23rd, 24th, 25th of 2009) for renovation, however the store will remain open.

EDIT: Update, they are still open, my apologies. I was going by what they told me Sunday.

Last edited:

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Not sure. If I had to guess I'd say it's another lead scrubbing and some light fixture replacement, but maybe it's something grander. They just replaced all their booths and side paneling back in November, so I doubt it's anything like that.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Heard from the grapevines, will two 52 inch LCD with cameras there showing them shooting as they go ..

it will be like a video game place :)

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    That would be interesting. Good way for them to watch the range at least from the counter.

Also a week or two ago they set up 3 computers, anyone know what those are for? they still have the set up for the regulated weapon video.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    PC's

I was there last Friday. I saw two people using the PCs that looked like they were buying handguns. They may have cutomers doing there own paperwork right on the PCs?
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong..... :envy:

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    That would be interesting. Good way for them to watch the range at least from the counter.

Also a week or two ago they set up 3 computers, anyone know what those are for? they still have the set up for the regulated weapon video.

Those new computers are for filling out your application to buy a firearm. If you answer a question wrong it will stop the purchase process. Basically, all human error will be eliminated. With the new process it will either be 100% right or 100% wrong based on computer code.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Heard from the grapevines, will two 52 inch LCD with cameras there showing them shooting as they go ..

it will be like a video game place :)

It would be neat if they put a monitor in the training room to. That way we can tell when the next relay is coming up during our Thursday Bullseye league. Right now we have to walk all... the... way... to the front of the store and look in the window, but it's all good because we know that the range masters love us all hanging around the front of the store. :D

I'd love to see the pulley system get overhauled. It seems that the lines often come loose and fall. I know the range officers will say that it's because people are shooting them, which I don't dispute is the root cause, but the effect is that these lines come down too many times after the repairs, which is caused by the repair and not from the line being shot.

Last edited:

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    HEy ALL

Ok we will nto be closing the range this week it seems .. we were scheduled ot redo the floors on the range where you all shoot an it seems we are still waiting on some of the supplies so call first but the range is open ..

As for the PCs .. yes they are for doing the federal 4477 form .. i will say it makes thigns much easier for you all an us .. hopefully MD paperwork will follow suit at some point in time ..

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom