• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    neighbor inherited a FN Auto-5 (my terminology, not positive of correct terminology). The firearm has a FN serial number, FN butt plate and FN etc stamped on receiver. Reference attached pictures.

Who would you recommend he contact to find the value, if any of the firearm?

Thank u

Attachments

• F2B2438B-C474-4BC9-AA84-F747E90F612B.jpeg
      F2B2438B-C474-4BC9-AA84-F747E90F612B.jpeg
      105.4 KB · Views: 120
    • 21868B3E-8547-4911-B0D3-18C8B044276D.jpeg
      21868B3E-8547-4911-B0D3-18C8B044276D.jpeg
      121.9 KB · Views: 122
    • F7221C3A-A086-4C39-8A4F-FC5E4D327EF3.jpeg
      F7221C3A-A086-4C39-8A4F-FC5E4D327EF3.jpeg
      80.3 KB · Views: 121

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    cant help with value but it is a pre-war gun based on the safety
    Forgot to add that. Bitch using ur trigger finger to push it forward, off safety.

Another issue, with the left side toggle position ( not sure of correct name) in the forward position still must hold the bolt release down to load, otherwise the carrier won’t budge.

Certainly not worth anything to me for hunting. The stock is a straight stock.. Not sure if barrel rated for steel.

Told my neighbor it might be worth something to a collector.

Last edited:
    Forgot to add that. Bitch using ur trigger finger to push it forward, off safety.

Another issue, with the left side toggle position ( not sure of correct name) in the forward position still must hold the bolt release down to load, otherwise the carrier won’t budge.

Certainly not worth anything to me for hunting. The stock is a straight stock.. Not sure if barrel rated for steel.

neighbor inherited a FN Auto-5 (my terminology, not positive of correct terminology). The firearm has a FN serial number, FN butt plate and FN etc stamped on receiver. Reference attached pictures.

Who would you recommend he contact to find the value, if any of the firearm?

Thank u

As far as value goes, I will trade a 95% Benelli Supernova Realtree for it sight unseen.
    I'm sure a collector will know a lot more.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Depending on the gauge? Barrel length? The barrel being uncut? and the rest of the shotgun being in original unmodified and excellent condition. It may be collectable. If a standard 12 ga with a pitted bore, not so much. They made a few million of them.

Last edited:

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Good shotguns that for the most part do not have a a ton of value, good user 12 gauges will be in the 400 to 700 range, sub gauges will be more. I lucked out one time and found a low serial number first year 1903 with an English stock that I sold for quite a bit of money but for the most part value will be in the range I stated.
    They are fun to shoot and for some reason they work for me quite well. One of my older ones, looks very similar to what you posted, early ones had plain receivers while later ones had engraving.

IMG_5993.jpeg
    IMG_5998.jpeg

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I agree with Augie. Pristine guns have some value. These guns were used hard, springs get tired, friction rings and parts wear, wood cracks. They don't have the collector's appeal the same as a Colt SAA or Parker. The forearm in your picture shows a crack in the usual spot as on the A-5's. My Brownings have the same FN butt plate. FN made the A-5 for Browning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom