• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Combined federal & state gasoline taxes, by state, as of January 2013:

I realize that but I could have sworn they added gas to the taxable items list or removed it from the non-taxable list 10-15 years ago. Pa. gas is generally about the same price but usually a few cents cheaper than Md. yet they have an 8-9 cent higher tax rate.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I realize that but I could have sworn they added gas to the taxable items list or removed it from the non-taxable list 10-15 years ago. Pa. gas is generally about the same price but usually a few cents cheaper than Md. yet they have an 8-9 cent higher tax rate.

No, he WANTED to add the 6% sales tax last year but failed.

This might help.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    With a sales tax there will be an incentive to keep gas prices artificially high. I expect fuel transportation fees and permits to also go through the roof... Weights and measures teams increased, bay impact fees etc.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    C'mon guys and gals, Owe Malley needs to take more and more of our hard earned dollars so he can afford to pay for all of his entitlement programs and legislate away our freedoms. Don't you know this is all for the children!? :(

He will leave this state in the toilet just like Baltimore city. Sad.

JC308

Aug 14, 2009
    White Marsh
    How did this guy get elected again I remember voting for Ehrlich not O'Malley. Hey O'Malley when's the last time you filled up your tank with your money Not my money or taxpayers money try using your own Money see how far you get along in life in Maryland

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    I got the same email. I replied:

Sorry Mr O'Malley but I have a hard time supporting this tax when I honestly think so much of the taxes we pay now are being squandered on things that aren't really necessary. I did a quick check on the gas taxes we now pay and we're about middle of the road compared to the rest of the states. Seems to me this should suffice to upgrade our road system, if the money pointed towards the road repairs were actually used on the roads and not used other places! But I do appreciate receiving this Email and pointing out your side of the proposed tax hike.

John Hurley

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 5, 2013, at 4:12 PM, "Governor Martin O'Malley" <governor.o'malley@maryland.gov> wrote:

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I got the same email and put it in my spam mail....then I TRIED to unsubscribe to his emails but it would not let me. :mad54:

I was automatically unsubscribed from receiving O'Malley's garbage when I sent a reply back telling him I didn't like his liberal politics on a recent email the gov sent me.

Maybe you can try that? It worked for me :)

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I tried to file my taxes and think of the numbers as something other than money. I failed. And then I opened up some homebrews...

Thankfully this bill will just immediately increase the cost of gas by a few cents per gallon - and eventually up to about 20 cents more per gallon by 2015.

But it's okay. Because only people with jobs will pay these taxes - just like all the other taxes in this country...

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    But wait guys! O'Malley is correct. It WILL reduce congestion. Pretty soon most of us won't be able to afford to drive, which means there will be less cars on the road. Objective accomplished.

MH1

I call shotgun
    Mar 7, 2013
    Middle River, MD
    But wait guys! O'Malley is correct. It WILL reduce congestion. Pretty soon most of us won't be able to afford to drive, which means there will be less cars on the road. Objective accomplished.

true

most of that gas tax is going to mass transit anyway. the master plan is coming together.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    That gas tax needs to go to bridge repairs and such, at least inspections. When the interstates were all created some 50 years ago, they were done when our country had the money to keep up on maintenance. With all the cut corners now our beloved politicians have pissed it all away, the 60 year mark that most were designed to hold up for is approaching and if they're not watched we could see some major damage.

Maybe Im paranoid. Maybe Im part right. I did read an article about a worker in Philly on his lunch break, looked up at 95 and saw something that needed to be fixed right away. It was a pillar that was starting to crumble I believe. Had that gone unnoticed, 95 could have POTENTIALLY collapsed in South Philly.

If anything its just another perspective to be aware of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom