• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    For now. Oct 2013 the new law in MD, if passed, will make registration mandatory. If you do not register your scary firearms by Nov 2013, you will have them confiscated while you serve your 3 year sentence. You can't even own ammo for a banned firearm.

In addition, you will pay over $350 to be licensed just to be allowed to legally purchase a pistol. That cost covers the MD 5-year fee of $100, the FBI background check, the fingerprinting, etc. This is more than other state's require for concealed carry!

It's time to make a stand, or move to a more reasonable state.

From what I can tell, any pistol with a compensator is banned.

So, anyone that goes to Bulls Eye shoots and has pistols with compensators is now someone with an EVIL firearm.

If the item was purchased while you live in Maryland, I wonder if that registration counts?

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Yes - isn't the HBAR exempt? Why is that? Is there a previous thread here addressing that question?

The left loves loopholes and exemptions because it gives them an excuse to create future legislation. Before the New York legislation passed, their governor repeatedly said, "more holes than Swiss cheese." Incrementalism is their weapon of choice, and it's quite effective. American leftists don't steal our liberties over night; our freedoms in this country die a slow and agonizing death - one bill at a time.

Phil I Am

Sep 16, 2009
    Loudoun County, Virginia.
    The left loves loopholes and exemptions because it gives them an excuse to create future legislation. Before the New York legislation passed, their governor repeatedly said, "more holes than Swiss cheese." Incrementalism is their weapon of choice, and it's quite effective. American leftists don't steal our liberties over night; our freedoms in this country die a slow and agonizing death - one bill at a time.

Spot on.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Is the crime of treason still punishable by death ? Any act of subversion to the constitution by an elected offical should be considered an act treason punishable by death.

It technically isn't treason these elected representatives are committing; it's deprivation of rights under color of law:

18 USC 242:

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Emphasis mine.

I should note that people have been convicted under this statute. Notably, the police officers at the Danzinger Bridge Massacre in New Orleans after Katrina.

Matt

Arcticwolf

Certified Brute
    May 28, 2008
    Well that seems reasonable, after all it's not like it's a right guaranteed to us all. Diane Feinstein said so.

"Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all. That is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned. And that is not the America I want my children and grandchildren to live in."

Last I checked, it was the rights of all over-riding the safety of a few...

:puke: nice to know

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    It technically isn't treason these elected representatives are committing; it's deprivation of rights under color of law:

18 USC 242:

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Emphasis mine.

I should note that people have been convicted under this statute. Notably, the police officers at the Danzinger Bridge Massacre in New Orleans after Katrina.

Matt

Um yea except we're not being deprived of our liberties based on race.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Terror - Fear

Sheets of paper and steel cut into shapes of fluffy little animals fear me for miles around.

6 each 33 round 9mm Glock Magazines - safely arrived at my brothers house in Florida last week.

Now I need to order the threaded barrel for the Glock.

Sadly I do not have an AR, I fear I might be too far behind the panic curve to get at least a lower in the next 6 months.

See everyone on the 6th

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not true. Pinned comps are OK, integral comps are OK. It's having a threaded barrel where they get you.

Suppressors will still be legal...you just won't have the means to mount them. Unless you can find a 3-lug pistol barrel.....:rolleyes:

hunter3204

Jan 28, 2013
    Salisbury
    People seem to be mislead and "MISSING" the point. Assault weapons are basically weapons with which to wage WAR...they are fully automatic!!! AR's are the civilian counterpart to the devastatingly effective M-16. The powers that be want to remove all firearms to any but military and police, and i'M NOT REAL SURE ABOUT THAT.

Once they have relieved us of our ability to protect ourselves and families, it's only a matter of time before crime goes thru the roof. When was the last time you saw a criminal in a gun shop filling out a 4473?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    People seem to be mislead and "MISSING" the point. Assault weapons are basically weapons with which to wage WAR...they are fully automatic!!! AR's are the civilian counterpart to the devastatingly effective M-16. The powers that be want to remove all firearms to any but military and police, and i'M NOT REAL SURE ABOUT THAT.

Once they have relieved us of our ability to protect ourselves and families, it's only a matter of time before crime goes thru the roof. When was the last time you saw a criminal in a gun shop filling out a 4473?

This is something that all of us here know. Spread the word to your friends and reps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom