• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thats it, if you have the trust done. If you did individual, there would be the cost of fingerprints. Also, you will do a 4473 when you pick it up, but I have never been charged the NICS fee.
    If you buy an out of stock item, there can be a long wait for a transfer to the dealer. If you buy online, the receiving dealer will charge a hefty transfer fee since they have to store if for 9 months until the ATF blesses you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You have it covered.

You have done a good thing by getting a Trust, NOW don't make the mistake by being impatient. DONT buy a can just because a shop has one dangling in front of you. DO RESEARCH and get a QUALITY can that will be the most versatile that your budget can afford.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's easier to buy a can with a trust than it is to buy a .22 rifle, IMO. 2 copies of form 4, 2 copies of trust, $200 check to ATF. Pay the nice man behind the counter.......wait.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    and wait...and wait some more. My last can took 9 months although, since I just bought one from Engage last week, was told that it may come quicker this time since they hired 12 more people. I do have a trust.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's easier to buy a can with a trust than it is to buy a .22 rifle, IMO. 2 copies of form 4, 2 copies of trust, $200 check to ATF. Pay the nice man behind the counter.......wait.

Or go see Vince at Duffy's. One copy of your trust (he makes additional copies), no copies of Form 4 (he handles that), and the check for $200 to BATFE.

Oh, and cash, check, or CC to pay for the can. :)

And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait..........

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you buy an out of stock item, there can be a long wait for a transfer to the dealer. If you buy online, the receiving dealer will charge a hefty transfer fee since they have to store if for 9 months until the ATF blesses you.

Yes, the manufacturer has to transfer it to the dealer via Form 3. That can take several months. And the dealer cannot initiate the Form 4, until the can is in their possession.

So buying out of stock means at additional 2+ months wait.

BTW, I have heard that Form 4 have been coming back in 5 - 7 months, versus the 9+ months of a short while ago.

Not quite to the 21 days for an eForms Form 1 lately.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Or go see Vince at Duffy's. One copy of your trust (he makes additional copies), no copies of Form 4 (he handles that), and the check for $200 to BATFE.

Oh, and cash, check, or CC to pay for the can. :)

And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait..........

Hmmm. That's where I got my last one. Had everything ready. It was so easy, I gave Vince a kiss, then a big noogie and danced out of there.....

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    What kind of fees are charged for buying a can? Say an in stock can from a local shop.

I know there's the can cost and sales tax, as well as the $200 stamp, but what else?

Purchased through a trust.

Time to come by and see me. No fees other than the tax stamp.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

:bowdown:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom